• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Cogden- nets

Hi all. Just to follow this up it looks like the mmo are now looking into the frustrations we have been having with the inshore sole netting and demersal fishing all the way around lyme bay.

Our arguments are valid and we have a bigger clout than originally thought. When we brought the loss to tackle stores and reduced economic factors into play for a couple of boxes of sole, it was agreed that the angling areas of chesil and the whole of lyme bay for that matter need more protection.

So here is the ball at the top of the slide

Please could you give this a read and please fill the form in. I really think we can move mountains here and the benefits of being recognised and the angling opportunities in years to come can only get better.

Many thanks all

https://anglingtrust.net/2023/05/12...hts-for-1-mile-recreational-zone-in-lyme-bay/
Done, although I see the tone of it is stacked in favour of commercial fishing

I am not headed there for a few weeks but the smuts on chesil are up n running colin
@Reevsey
@Tatunka joe I am going down East at the moment if you want to do it next weekend is prime..... long sesh late next Saturday..... late late
In fact the more the merrier.

Drop me a message if you do head out. I might dust off my old icons….

I have completed the survey.

Had a look at it & filled in the survey. I don't fish Lyme Bay,but that's not the point. Unless something is done to stop boats fishing close inshore, young fish stock will never mature.
Was out with John on Mountbatten Pier one night last year, and one of the big local Beam trawlers came aound the end of the Pier and started to drop his gear within 200 metres. i didn't think they were allowed to trawl inside the breakwater.

Done, although I see the tone of it is stacked in favour of commercial fishing
I thought that, and wrote as much in the last box. I didn't realise at first that the Angling Trust link to the survey takes you to a Defra site.

I have five email addresses..... all done
How long and how much do you think an engine rebuild would cost him @fishybuisness because he works that boat so hard inshore between freshwater and bexi I think its gotta wear out soon.
Your point has been mentioned quite alot, this will “i think” end the frustration and thoughts of sabotaging vessels.
Driving across the bay this morning looks like the guys fishing today have pots all along the beach 50yards out from west b all the way down to langton. Im sure they wont be nets with the tide driving so hard.

It’s positive! Fingers crossed in the name of equality between commercials and anglers

Back