• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Had a sneaky little trip down to the above, armed with rag, blow lug and some frozen blacks. Started to catch odd plaice from around 5pm, managed 11 in total, few double shots but nothing very big. Once the light went, a few more species showed tub Gurnard, dab, pout, conger and a nice sole of 1lb12oz. I lost the tide fairly quickly and so the fishing died. Lost a fair few hooks to spiders, so they are still about. Overall though an enjoyable session. IMG_20220714_185247.jpgIMG_20220714_194113.jpgIMG_20220714_232312.jpg

Had a sneaky little trip down to the above, armed with rag, blow lug and some frozen blacks. Started to catch odd plaice from around 5pm, managed 11 in total, few double shots but nothing very big. Once the light went, a few more species showed tub Gurnard, dab, pout, conger and a nice sole of 1lb12oz. I lost the tide fairly quickly and so the fishing died. Lost a fair few hooks to spiders, so they are still about. Overall though an enjoyable session. View attachment 29619View attachment 29620View attachment 29621

Great catch and see you found/caught plenty of weed also! bloody stuffs everywhere of late last few places fished have been infested Southbourne had loads and Seaford also and the same yellowish crap also looks a tad like a marine version of millet?

There seems to be an excess of lettuce type weed around this year , anything to do with global warming?

There seems to be an excess of lettuce type weed around this year , anything to do with global warming?
Don't worry John, the next 10,000 years we will be in the ice age. Not that I care ;)

interesting read, & great pics, weldone. did you do any good with the frozen black?

Good to see a chesil report so few on here

I too fished last night though at west bexington mind you had to walk so far to get a spot probably weren’t too far away from you at Cogden! Didn’t do so well though another blank.

As you say spiders stripping everything in 15 minutes even whole squid! A night of relentlessly rebaiting.

Started about 8pm & packed up at 2am only had 2 bites typically both at the same time around high tide 1.30 bumped off what felt like a big eel while a slack liner on the other rod had by then departed.

A guy in the car park kindly donated me some rag worms to add to my mackerel & squid. Have been trying to go lighter & further with clipped down rigs or 3 hook flappers & size 1/0 hooks but hard to commit to such while baits are being stripped. Well done on catching what rigs/hooks/bait worked for you & what sort of distance were you fishing at? Apologies for all the questions but seem to be getting nowhere last few times out!

Oh & on the plus side no weed here & managed to escape the storms on the long trek back to the car.

Back