• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
At the 35 acre lake . Only 10 swims on 1 one bank only ,with woods as the backdrop so not a little pond staring at other people opposite lol.
Lovely and secluded no public access. Having a nice trip with my mate Jon.
Done 2 nights now iv had 2 he's had 1 . It's a hard lake so that's a good result.
28lbs mirror for him and 33 and 37lbs commons for me.
Weather perfect not to hot or cold.
Different to the sea fishing lot more lazy but after a day or 2 get into a different relaxed mindset, and all worries melt away.
Turn the radio off each hour at the news and all is well.
Bbq on at the moment ready to cook soon.

20220727_075940.jpg20220726_160030.jpg20220727_130703.jpgIMG-20220726-WA0000.jpgIMG-20220726-WA0002.jpg .

Done 2 nights now iv had 2 he's had 1 . It's a hard lake so that's a good result.
28lbs mirror for him and 33 and 37lbs commons for me.
What a crap result 2 nights 2 blokes 3 fish(only joking).Had my first outing this year yesterday ended up with 5 Carp ranging from 16 to 21lbs.3 on the surface and 2 on boilies in the margins.Cannot get out as much as I would like due to RA.That looks a cracking lake to fish.A result at the end of the day 3 nice Carp between you.(y)A cracking Common,Mirrors not too bad either.

Last edited:
Will be a member of the monastery soon, well done on the catches (y)

Some great fishing.
I've not done fresh water for years.
Are the syndicate lakes a purple haze of wacky baccy like the commercial puddles? Puts me right off☹️
You can get far enough away from anyone to not hear people or smell them lol

Nice one looks a nice setting there.
It’s not a bad little pond, we have the main road right behind the swim though, it’s a bit of a runs water, my son likes it as blanks are very rare. I usually get to about 1am then reel the rods in so I can get some sleep!

Back