• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently eel fishing

Eel number 2.
Another small one though.
Darren, my partner in crime is fishing for mud pigs. He's already had a common of 37-8.

I'm so out of touch with this freshwater lark.
Really hoping for a new pub snig.

Said I was done with eels. It was an addiction far far worse than my cod one!

Only ever caught one Eel like that! Well actually, I didn't catch it, it hooked itself! Went down to the local tidal road with my old Edgar Sealey spinning rod in my mid teens. Fished for an hour or so, no luck and so left the rod on a grass bank with the hook dangling in the water. Drag on the reel started screaming as a small Eel had taken what was left of the bait and off it went! Can't remember what we were using for bait.

Awesome.
Shame you wasn't targeting it.
Possible drennan cup?
I know an ex winner of the drennan Cup. I don't go on coarse or carp fishing forums or sites though , wouldn't know where to start with sending photos in etc...
despite coming on here most days 😆
This is the only place that photo has been posted apart from a copy to the club for the record .

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Darren went back to the lake last night fishing for mud pigs.

He had a by-catch eel of 6-1 and another mud pigger had one of 8-10!

I could cry.
Maybe the eels are accustomed to eating the food that is thrown in for the carp.. fishmeal boilies or halibut pellets might be worth a try..??🤔

Caught eels when i was a kid with my father and unless gripped them straight away would mees you up.

Completely forgot about it a few years ago took 5 year old grandson up river to get little trout and dropped a worm in a little pool and seen an eel pop out, finanally tempted it and pulled it up for grandson to see, but it curled all around the line and i had to try and hold it with a dock leaf to control it.

Back