• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Devon 19th-26th june

Wattsy6b

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Im on on holiday for a week in devon taking the rods with me hoping to get out for an evening session or 2. Can anyone recommend any beaches to fish. Staying Cullompton dont have a problem with travelling.

Hoping Tatunka Joe might pick up on this Wattsy. We're away for the next few weeks otherwise might have suggested a meet up. South coast would be favourite if in your shoes, but I'm in the far South West corner and places like Chesil & Branscome are a bit further than I'd susally travel. Tight lines anyway. ????

Got a good choice tbf from cully. Locally branscombe could be worth a shot. Chesil not a bad run from there n all. Exe estuary for bass. Or if you fancy something different your less than an hour from minehead/watchet on the Bristol Channel. A few ideas but other options I’m sure tat will come up with ?

Got a good choice tbf from cully. Locally branscombe could be worth a shot. Chesil not a bad run from there n all. Exe estuary for bass. Or if you fancy something different your less than an hour from minehead/watchet on the Bristol Channel. A few ideas but other options I’m sure tat will come up with ?
Less than an hour from the north coast might be a tad optimistic in the summer lol, but certainly it’s within reach and agree Cullompton is pretty central to most things.

East Devon beaches or chesil would be my thought from there too.
A35 etc can be a bitch in the summer too ?

Less than an hour from the north coast might be a tad optimistic in the summer lol, but certainly it’s within reach and agree Cullompton is pretty central to most things.

East Devon beaches or chesil would be my thought from there too.
A35 etc can be a bitch in the summer too ?
Do it all the time back road from tivvy to dunster is an easy run. Or pop up to wellington over to Taunton then up past Norton manor camp. Evenings and early obviously better times. From mine prob quicker than going Chesil ? that’s by car not north Devon horse n cart ?

Do it all the time back road from tivvy to dunster is an easy run. Or pop up to wellington over to Taunton then up past Norton manor camp. Evenings and early obviously better times. From mine prob quicker than going Chesil ? that’s by car not north Devon horse n cart ?
Yea not too bad out of hours, but can get tedious when the shed draggers are out in force! ?

That’s the tides for minehead that week good times over low for white mark. Others may have different views. May struggle for the gar tbf unless it’s bait ?
B2FB1D75-6676-4A20-870F-DA9B8BBF4460.png

The rays will or should be showing small eyed spotted and blondes chance of a hound along with that rare thing called a doggie ?

Veals website will give you an idea on rigs standard pulley rigs with rotten bottom. Baits wise squid Sandeel n bluey standard crab If you want to fish one rod for hounds but chance of small eyed on crab n all. Easy parking and walk to the mark weekdays should be fairly quiet n all

Plenty of hounds being caught around my area, few doggies as well as sole & plaice. Not that it's any use for you in wayward west.

Back