• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Does anyone fish Barmouth area?

It’s a small world , closest shop I recall being in Ddyfrynn ardudwy ? Spelling obviously incorrect but you know where I’m on about
Yep, definitely a small world. I used to love it there. I used to wander over the fields and down to the beach and not come back until I was hungry.

Do you remember the donkey in the field at the side of the site?

Had quite a few Bass from around Shell island, but not fished it for a couple of years.

Had quite a few Bass from around Shell island, but not fished it for a couple of years.
I fish opposite there, (it is also where i got little dingy) i have never had a bass there yet.
Have known and seen some caught.
We gutted and cut heads off mackerel once on coming in and a couple of days later one bloke who used to get on his boat when tide out and wait for water before he went out and same on coming in would wait to walk off, while he waiting and enough water round his boat he would have line out and caught many flatties, on this occasion he landed a 6lb bass loaded with mackerel heads in its gut.
There is a bloke fly fishes here as well

We used to fish llandanwg beach, had some good sessions off there.

I have only fished it 2 hours either side of low so never seen it right up the beach like that :oops:

I have only fished it 2 hours either side of low so never seen it right up the beach like that :oops:
2hrs either side of low would have been about 150mts from there.
I had never seen it like that either, the beach was stone free before that tide and after it there was nothing but stones on it, only last year it started to get back somewhere near it was just sand, there's nature for you.
the other side of the car park it flooded over onto the grass area and further up the estuary breached the batter and flooded the whole area and cut off the houses a distance away.
That was my boat middle pic, middle boat should have been 100mts to the left but broke its mooring boxing day and temp moored there dangerously near rocks.
1609527047359.png1609527150630.png

1609527198875.png

Back