• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Drone Fishing

Have you tried swellpro FD1

Welcome to the Madhouse Martin.

At over £1,600 for the FD1 with bait drop & camera, I can't see anybody on here buying one.

Tbf i got something that’s always buzzing about and f@@king annoying that destroys me peace just trying to work out a way of her holding me lead n trace in her gob while she swims 1k out to drop me rig off. Hopefully the gps goes tits up and she heads off in the direction of the east coast USA.

I suppose it depends on the venue but the idea that the further you cast the more fish you'll catch does not really compute. It might get you further but the most I can put on my reels is about 300yds and I'd want to keep some in reserve just in case I did hook into something big so 500m is out of the question. Unless I bought a bigger reel I suppose. Sorry for being so negative and I do hope that, if you really try it, you catch more than just whiting and dogs .
I totally agree with you.

We launched a drone in the arctic from a moving research ship unfortunately the ship moved out of range of the drone and the drone then defaulted to its gps launch origin to land . Which was then in the sea glug glug ! 3 grand underwater !! So beware if anyone thinks of working a drone from a moving boat ! But should be interesting and safe from the beach.
The BBC did that in Port Stanley harbour clunk straight into some random post and it converted straight into a boat!

cue totally off topic video "captions on"

Last edited:
Back