• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast First cod.

What you want is some Wide/wider boots ive a pair of Muck lace up Thermal (Antarctic Chugging)Boots have a wider sole they glide over shingle compared to others sinking in for far less effort! Only issue is unless Minus 100 it's a pair of boil in the bag feet!
Mind i find my Grub boots with Vibram soles easier than the short arse muck ones which have there shite sole that isn't as supportive ie softer.
Mind you can get those things that strap on boots for slippery surfaces they might help?
Been looking at snow shoes and what l can make and if l could fit tracks on my powered trolly and sledges and, and, and! My feet are only 5 1/2 (same as my tadger l checked!) so they sink in like tent pegs!

just about to leave for a session up there today then back again tomorrow using up my brownie points I got in credit. Tides are building do should find some flow and hopefully get them moving a bit. So long walk to look forward to today with to much gear as usual ?
And how did it go apart from taking too much gear!

Brilliant Keith, very well done on your first Cod (y) (y) , cracking reward for a tough ole walk
Thanks Bob. Well chuffed and gave me plenty to think about like how to make it easier. One of my local mates had a couple of Cod, couple of triggers bream and red mullet and other stuff similar to John, but more of them. Just can't make it closer to home though!

Was well past there this eve. Fair bit of slimey weed around. At least that far down it was quiet fishing wise it was strange had seven codling but the bites were really shy just sat there and not moving off with the bait. Was hard to tell if it was small fish or the tide catching the weed. Had a couple of scad on pop ups. Spiders are still about as well. Caught on both blacks and rag baits but small baits and hooks anything over a 2/0 and nothing. Cogden tomorrow evening looking forward to it. ?
My answer was there all the time. Nice going mate. Very good.

Great stuff! Well done. I’ve only had the pleasure of fishing the mighty Chesil twice but I loved it both times, I wish I were closer.
I didn’t have a cod unfortunately but I did manage black bream, pouting, conger and a small undie… such a magic place, you never know what it’ll throw up!

Great stuff everyone loves a first cod.

If it helps i have found all of the cod in less than 30 yards out and ive been using a spinning rod. Nearly every cast last Wednesday. Great to travel light and be efficient!

Great report

Back