• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

General Fishing Back On!

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Well, it looks like our leader is going to allow extra travel flexibility from tomorrow. Stay Home changes to Stay Local and we can travel up to five miles (in populated areas) and a bit further in rural areas. Travel includes travel for exercise and so fishing!

Where are you heading to first? :D

I think I'll be heading to my local fishery for a bit of feeder fishing next week, which is within the local boundary.

Well, it looks like our leader is going to allow extra travel flexibility from tomorrow. Stay Home changes to Stay Local and we can travel up to five miles (in populated areas) and a bit further in rural areas. Travel includes travel for exercise and so fishing!

I think I'll be heading to my local fishery for a bit of feeder fishing next week, which is within the local boundary.
Have to get more info on travelling, if ok I will go to the trout lakes and wet some flies. Although it is 15 miles away so need proof that it will be ok.

Just thinking,if you live in a rural village ontop of a mountain would they not say you don't need to travel to exercise by the sea?? With countryside around to exercise in??? Tightlines everyone!

Just thinking,if you live in a rural village ontop of a mountain would they not say you don't need to travel to exercise by the sea?? With countryside around to exercise in??? Tightlines everyone!
Even a rural village in the countryside without mountains, miles from a nearest town.

Last time they had a five mile rule in place for everything from exercise to essential shopping :) Which worked perfectly fine in Cardiff but maybe not so in the rest of Wales, where 5 miles might get you to another field :ROFLMAO:

They've tried to be a bit more flexible this time for the rural areas. Which is nice, as Drakeford seems only concerned with what happens in Cardiff, Swansea and Newport usually.

Wonder what our numbnuts ministers will say about easing of the current lockdown soon in England.

Mike , I live by the sea and I can tell you that too many people have been ignoring all the rules regarding stay at home and don't drive to exercise etc. " Stay Local " is just going to open up another bag of worms for the poor old police force to sort out .

Mike , I live by the sea and I can tell you that too many people have been ignoring all the rules regarding stay at home and don't drive to exercise etc. " Stay Local " is just going to open up another bag of worms for the poor old police force to sort out .
It has been the same here I would imagine. Apparently the roads locally have been 60% busier than they were during Lockdown One.

I've stayed put, even though legally I could go fishing outside of walking/local area (as I work in angling and content creation is exempt) I felt it would be wrong to do so. So I've got on with all the clerical work this past three months ready for when things open up again.

Rare species those police ?

Just got this off FB
1615549319640.png
How far is local is again the question ???
"The rule of thumb is that you should think of local as a five-mile radius from where you live but if you live in a valleys community or a rural area you can exercise your judgement and go a little bit further," Mr Drakeford said.
As I've said vague and indecisive.

Just got this off FB
View attachment 6996
How far is local is again the question ???
"The rule of thumb is that you should think of local as a five-mile radius from where you live but if you live in a valleys community or a rural area you can exercise your judgement and go a little bit further," Mr Drakeford said.
As I've said vague and indecisive.
Yip...he's not one for detail :(

Full travel (no distance within Wales) for the Welsh after 27th as well.

English not able to travel int Wales at that time though.

Is it just the English or is it anyone who’s not Welsh ?
I think from England is a better way to explain it. Not sure how he's going to enforce it though . Checkpoints on every road that crosses the border is not possible .
But people in England cannot go on holiday elsewhere in the UK until 12 April at the earliest.

I think from England is a better way to explain it. Not sure how he's going to enforce it though . Checkpoints on every road that crosses the border is not possible .
But people in England cannot go on holiday elsewhere in the UK until 12 April at the earliest.
There are many small villages around my area that will report illegal immigrants from across the border. Local hospitals are rammed without covid so they are looking after their own. 90% of locals don't benefit from holiday makers and second home folk so there is a lot of resentment for law breakers.

There are many small villages around my area that will report illegal immigrants from across the border. Local hospitals are rammed without covid so they are looking after their own. 90% of locals don't benefit from holiday makers and second home folk so there is a lot of resentment for law breakers.
Nail on head!!!!!

I think to enforce the police will just do as now, many are being caught.

They all know the rules.

What about any other country ?
For Example?

:unsure: cant answer you if they travel by boat or plane into Wales!
But if they travel through England then they have to keep to the English rules for travel produced by Mad Boris.

Back