• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

'Fishing Tackle' in Lidl

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
'Fishing Tackle' on offer in Lidl next week. Mostly Freshwater gear as always, hence the inverted commas, but may be something of interest to some. The 5000 F/S Baitrunner for £14.99 might be handy as a spare reel.

That's because we Sea Anglers are vastly outnumbered by the puddle bashers. Some interesting gear for them though. (y)

Ian.

I've had some Lidl stuff for a few years, it's good value for the use I give it. Hooks to nylon are very good, folding landing nets are good. I've got a couple of their telescopic rods which are great for fishing from the kayak. The reels have been outstanding, spare spools and some with rear drag.

'Fishing Tackle' on offer in Lidl next week. Mostly Freshwater gear as always, hence the inverted commas, but may be something of interest to some. The 5000 F/S Baitrunner for £14.99 might be handy as a spare reel.

I’ve got a few of those bait runners. Used two in the estuary yesterday that are several years old.
Yep not serious top quality but they are for £15. Handy float/estuary reels and if they last a year or two it’s money well spent imo.

Wonder what the waders are like 🤔

I've had some Lidl stuff for a few years, it's good value for the use I give it. Hooks to nylon are very good, folding landing nets are good. I've got a couple of their telescopic rods which are great for fishing from the kayak. The reels have been outstanding, spare spools and some with rear drag.
The nets are cracking for the money, I bought two last time they were in 😂😂😂

And got several of the reels still new in boxes 😬

I’ve got a few of those bait runners. Used two in the estuary yesterday that are several years old.
Yep not serious top quality but they are for £15. Handy float/estuary reels and if they last a year or two it’s money well spent imo.

Wonder what the waders are like 🤔
Don't know but I've got bib and brace leggings that are at least 7 years old and still good although faded. Considering I wear them for shooting/pest control, around the farm and for fishing they've done well. Check the warranty, Crivit stuff is usually 3 years if you have a reciept.

Well with Lidl's being a German company, most of the stuff could be half descent, but probably made in China....

Ian.

Might get a small reel for the river if any there, i seem to have lost 2 somewhere.

I got the tackle bag last time it was in the store . Good bit of kit seems well made and comes with large and small plastic storage boxes . Well worth £25

I got the tackle bag last time it was in the store . Good bit of kit seems well made and comes with large and small plastic storage boxes . Well worth £25
It looks decent actually but not something I’m likely to use much.

I have bought before, not sure if Lidl or Aldi, box of quick links and swivels, they were bargain.

I was scratching my Sawdust as to whether that was Lidl or Aldi. I've got one that Wifey picked up for me. As you say, well worth the money.

It looks decent actually but not something I’m likely to use much.
Tackle bag & storage boxes are great, especially if you are accessing remote marks - you can sling it over your shoulder. I think I've got 2 storages boxes in use for fishing trips & the others are in use for storage & rig making at home.
Given up taking the Tackle bag out now since I'm not so mobile, and just chuck what I need in my Aldi wheelie box, similar to below!
Made a Plywood lid for it which keeps the rain out & gives me a seat if needed.

Aldi folding trolley.jpg

Tackle bag & storage boxes are great, especially if you are accessing remote marks - you can sling it over your shoulder. I think I've got 2 storages boxes in use for fishing trips & the others are in use for storage & rig making at home.
Given up taking the Tackle bag out now since I'm not so mobile, and just chuck what I need in my Aldi wheelie box, similar to below!
Made a Plywood lid for it which keeps the rain out & gives me a seat if needed.

View attachment 46209
If I’m accessing remote marks I like a rucksack I can strap on and forget about - shoulder strap bags are a bit unbalancing on rocks or awkward climbs.
Probably okay for a light lure session but that’s not my thing anyway

If I’m accessing remote marks I like a rucksack I can strap on and forget about - shoulder strap bags are a bit unbalancing on rocks or awkward climbs.
I find the bag quite usefull for various types of fishing . I have some of the boxes ready for a session lure fishing for bass , some with a bit of pike fishing gear and some for a day on a charter boat and just load bag with the boxes required on the day . For a proper session on the beach its a rucksack or box depending on the hike involved .

I'm opposite to you would rather have a shoulder bag, can not do with rucksack.

I find the bag quite usefull for various types of fishing . I have some of the boxes ready for a session lure fishing for bass , some with a bit of pike fishing gear and some for a day on a charter boat and just load bag with the boxes required on the day . For a proper session on the beach its a rucksack or box depending on the hike involved .
Ooh, charter, that’s a point!

Fishy don’t do lures lol

Back