• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

'Fishing Tackle' in Lidl

I got the tackle bag last time it was in the store . Good bit of kit seems well made and comes with large and small plastic storage boxes . Well worth £25
After you said this I just picked one up lol. As you mentioned, good for charter trips I reckon.
None of them seemed to have a shoulder strap, but I found a loose strap in the bottom of the bin, clipped it to one and took it to the till.
Probably open it to discover another strap inside 😬

Was gonna get a net but none left. Didn’t really need more reels so left those

That's the thing with these Lidl deals, they only have limited stock per store...And normally never to be seen again. :(

Ian.

Forgot to mention earlier! I've no idea why, don't really need it, but one of these fell in the trolley yesterday. Couldn't leave it there for £14.99!

Lidl 5000 a.jpeg

Lidl 5000 b.jpeg

You naughty boy you.... :D Nice one Tramps, couldn't resist a bargain then. (y)

Ian.
Not often I get the bank card out for stuff I don't really need, and I've got a good Okuma baitrunner, but I couldn't resist a spare!
It's obviously a freshwater reel, so will have to keep the sand & salt away.

Not often I get the bank card out for stuff I don't really need, and I've got a good Okuma baitrunner, but I couldn't resist a spare!
Wish i could say that mate, my cards can stay in my wallet just lately.... :)

Ian.

Mine get used in the estuary and for float fishing 🤷🏻‍♂️, never really washed and still going strong.

They’re actually well made for the money and tbh I’ve found them more robust than reels that cost four or five times more.

Also,20% off if you use the lidl app instore. Might have a look at the rod holdall,will work out 20 quid...
I did see that, but fed up with so many Supermarkets & businesses asking you to install their Apps and clog your mobile phone up with crap.
It's bad enough having a wallet full of cards for Tesco, Morrisons, Nectar, B&Q, Screwfix, Toolstation, and many more.
All of these Apps are just a means to track what you buy, how much you spend, and where you shop.

Morrisons have recently re-introduced their 'More' points scheme, but Martin Lewis slagged it off, as the points are now only available on certain items. Gone are the days when you got a certain amount of points for your total shop. You lose any points on the old card too.
Each point is worth 0.1p, so you'll have to collect 5000 points for a £5.00 voucher - it is really worth it?

Pet hate - I'll shaddup! 😁😁

I did see that, but fed up with so many Supermarkets & businesses asking you to install their Apps and clog your mobile phone up with crap.
It's bad enough having a wallet full of cards for Tesco, Morrisons, Nectar, B&Q, Screwfix, Toolstation, and many more.
All of these Apps are just a means to track what you buy, how much you spend, and where you shop.

Morrisons have recently re-introduced their 'More' points scheme, but Martin Lewis slagged it off, as the points are now only available on certain items. Gone are the days when you got a certain amount of points for your total shop. You lose any points on the old card too.
Each point is worth 0.1p, so you'll have to collect 5000 points for a £5.00 voucher - it is really worth it?

Pet hate - I'll shaddup! 😁😁
Surely they can track you just as easily by the cards, which are registered to you in any case?
Personally I don’t care if ‘they’ know how much I’m spending or where, it can’t hurt me.
It’s a way for the companies to build up a bigger picture of product data and customer demographics, so they can adapt accordingly and (they hope) make more money.
They don’t care what an individual is buying.

Got the holdall. Tripod and (3 piece) rod fit in the main compartment nicely,plus there's some outside pockets that I'm going to put reels in,and free up space in my seat box. At a pinch,if you're not a take everything with you type ,I'd say you could fit most things you need for a trip in it.seems pretty good quality bit of kit.

Got the holdall. Tripod and (3 piece) rod fit in the main compartment nicely,plus there's some outside pockets that I'm going to put reels in,and free up space in my seat box. At a pinch,if you're not a take everything with you type ,I'd say you could fit most things you need for a trip in it.seems pretty good quality bit of kit.
Well I was going to have another look at the holdall but Lidl's Fishing tackle page appears to be on it's back with it's legs in the air!
Looks like they have tried to update the site over the weekend and killed it!

Anyway, I've got a fairly new Shakey Agility Quiver which has a pocket & straps for my Salt Tripod, so probably would have given it a miss.

15 quid less 20% vat is 12 quid less retailer markup is 8 quid less manufacturing markup is 4 quid..... what can you make for 4 quid

there neoprene wellies are top.notch
Lidl? Or Aldi? I looked at the Aldi ones Pete when they first had them, and there were a load of reports from folk saying they had split aorund the heel, so I gave them a miss.

15 quid less 20% vat is 12 quid less retailer markup is 8 quid less manufacturing markup is 4 quid..... what can you make for 4 quid
Don’t know lol but I rate the reels for light estuary use and sometimes float fishing.

For the money they actually feel pretty crisp and the baitrunner on the rear doesn’t die, which I’ve had with several baitrunner/rear drag reels.
Also mostly metal construction too.

Yep obviously it’s nowhere near as well made as a good shimano but the last beach caster fixed spool I bought was a big Daiwa, was a popular model but buggered if I can remember the name now.
Anyway, £80 about 25 years ago and you’d think that would be upper mid range.
It lasted less than a year as a couple of plastic components failed, piece of shite.

It really put me off mangles for proper beach/rock fishing.

Back