• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Float fishing

I used to clip a float on , like Ian says,had a few catches using that method,but stopped using it after a while,got fed up untangling the tangles I used to get,a couple of people use the same method off my local pier and catch ,so it might be worth trying mate,

A couple of years ago I made some casting floats, beech and ash, on my lathe.

Probably not much use to you but similar to bubble floats filled with water.

My floats act as the weight as well as the float, that way I can cast a bait, clipped up on the mainline, which releases and drops down to about 6' deep. I've cast them on a field and chucked them 75 yards.

I've had a couple of good takes on them with the float shooting across the surface but as yet not actually hooked into anything.

When time allows I'm thinking of adding a small ball weight above the hook to add some resistance and hopefully a hook set.

A bubble float may be your answer.
Make the front/bottom (facing hook)part of the float concaved to add resistance on the take.
Lightly nick hook point into the side of wooden floats add foam to plastic Floats helps reduce tangles adds distance and releases on impact with the water. ???

Back