• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Flounder hunt and PB bass.

Superb Keith, very well done on the PB, thats some lovely fish you have had out (y) (y)
Thanks Bob. 3 recent PB's and smashing my first double recently has made for good times.. Need one more species to beat my species best.

Great report and photos Goatee! Darn good read!
Some very pretty Flounder (especially the last one) and well done on a lovely PB Bass! 🎣🎣👍👍
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed. I had a good photographer too! Just looked again and all righties. I have had one right and one left in this spot before.

Fab report mate, another PB!....wow having a good run ATM 👍👍👍
Thanks mate. Not been fishing as much as usual, but had some quality PB fish of late. Ideally l need one more fish to beat my species record, but not too bothered about that. There is always next year.

Hopefully you are right Goateeblank,& the flounder are making a comeback,I ain't caught one for at least five years!!!

Hopefully you are right Goateeblank,& the flounder are making a comeback,I ain't caught one for at least five years!!!
I have tried to have the first of the year. My best being one at 10.30 on New Years day a couple of years back! When l served my time in late the 70's. One of the guys used to fish in the lunch time and would often chuck 4 or 5 in the sink for anyone to take for their tea. Southampton water is much cleaner now, with less discharges into it which affects the food chain, it's teeming with small bass which could be eating the flounder fry and l have heard that the cruise ships have exhaust scrubbers to keep the air pollutiin down, but then the contaminants are pumped into the water making it acidic. None of that helps. As is the standing joke of the report, l seem to do ok on them.

Back