• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Going down south

Handline.... 🤣

Ian.

A mate of mine has invited me to fish with him in northern England…he has told me that Wigan pier is well worth a visit.. my question to you guys is what sort of gear do I take.?
Bottle openers for the beer ;)

What is Wigan Pier famous for?

Wigan pier is an iconic landmark, famous worldwide. There are many different stories about the pier. It is not surprising that for a town more than 20 miles from the sea, Wigan pier gained notoriety through music hall songs and jokes by George Formby
I would recommend a really long conti rod a big fixed spool reel with 20 miles 300 yards of 20lb line I'll leave the hook size choice upto you 👍 😉

What is Wigan Pier famous for?

Wigan pier is an iconic landmark, famous worldwide. There are many different stories about the pier. It is not surprising that for a town more than 20 miles from the sea, Wigan pier gained notoriety through music hall songs and jokes by George Formby
I would recommend a really long conti rod a big fixed spool reel with 20 miles 300 yards of 20lb line I'll leave the hook size choice upto you 👍 😉
So Wigan isn’t by the sea..?🙄

So Wigan isn’t by the sea..?🙄
Its in Greater Manchester. ;)

It's an area around the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.

Ian.

A mate of mine has invited me to fish with him in northern England…he has told me that Wigan pier is well worth a visit.. my question to you guys is what sort of gear do I take.?
Ecstasy or if you want go retro Dexys, French blues an even Purplehearts and flares

I reckon this bloke is probably pulling my leg.. I have never actually met him..
Ahh, imaginary mate then flapps.... 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Is your mate called Eric AKA George 🤔

Back