• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Goodbye Zziplex

Sad news that Zziplex are to cease manufacturing this month. I hope Lee gets to carry on, maybe under a different name, but it sounds like Barbara Carol wants to close down the company and end the legendary name?
Yep. Just had an e mail from Gerry’s . Seems things are totally ceasing …….

Seems strange to me.
Heard so many rumours.....

Sad news - always sad when a company with an excellent product & reputation ceases trading. Shame they couldn't have found some way to continue. I do wonder whether the family has refused further use of the name to Lee or anyone else wishing to continue the business.

I wonder if the materials supply has got something to do with it?
Hard enough to get a sheet of chipboard let alone carbon fibre.
Hopefully the kit will mothballed and it will be able to start up under a different trading name some time in the future. It would be a huge shame to see all that experience, ability and knowledge go to waste.

Very sad news i must say. And that's why Gerry's have sold out of zzippy blanks, had a few yesterday, none today. VMO had a few this morning, now they only have a Zeteque TXL GT, Zeteque TXL, M427, Dymic LT14 Evo, M4, LT14, Dymic HST Evo. And they had two Primo Hi-Flex blanks, but they are on there way to me now. :D

Ian.

It is sad news to lose a legendary brand, I have had so many fab rods over the years from them. I won’t part with my HSM’s or Profiles now!

That was the thing with Zziplex - they made some truly amazing fishing rods IF you found one that suited you, which let's face it's neigh on impossible from reviews/ in-shop waggling. It's always appeared to me that many bought rods that they just couldn't bend enough to work for them, hence the strong second hand trade. I suspect they will rocket in value.....at least for a while

That will be another 2 for Gary then.Unless you let them appreciate in value.(y):eek:
Will be going to Gary for building when we go to pick up the other four zzippy's. Just ordered 2 more sets of BCMNAG guides.

Ian.

Shame to hear about zippy ceasing business I have only cast a few models and were nice rods but never changed from century and afaw. Like said before I think it’s a culmination of many factors material costs waiting times for said material and I maybe wrong but the change in sea fishing style. See a lot more conti style rods and fixed spools now on the beach with newcomers to the sport more likely to go this route. Hope Lee can take his knowledge and start up again with the zippy name or as a new venture I’m sure zippy owners would still use him in the future if he did, be a waste of a great talent.

Back