• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Holidays, stupidity, success and failure… adventures ahoy!!

Not at all, we went to Kilve hunting fossils so I know exactly where you’re talking about… the only ticket machine is at the entrance to the car park but you park like 1/2mile away from it!! ?
We found a few nice fossils there, including one great big one that my son insisted we keep and made me carry it to the car, I weighed it when we got home… 78.5lbs!!
It was 30°c…. I nearly died!! ?View attachment 31038
That’s a biggun!

The reviews are shocking

And does anyone know if you can arrive before 10pm but pay £5 or whatever to cover your whole trip?

Having looked at your 1st link, what an absolute bunch of thieving bastards. Wish I was closer - I'd be tempted on a regular visit with a can of Bitumen paint to upgrade their camera lens! Had a look on Street view too, but the images haven't been updated since 2010.

Having looked at your 1st link, what an absolute bunch of thieving bastards. Wish I was closer - I'd be tempted on a regular visit with a can of Bitumen paint to upgrade their camera lens! Had a look on Street view too, but the images haven't been updated since 2010.
Your comment made me curious so I too checked out the link. Seems a lot of people getting fleeced for legitimate parking.
I did it with RingGo on the app… if I get a fine come through, I’ll take it all the way to court before they get a dime outta me!!

Your comment made me curious so I too checked out the link. Seems a lot of people getting fleeced for legitimate parking.
I did it with RingGo on the app… if I get a fine come through, I’ll take it all the way to court before they get a dime outta me!!
From reading a lot of the comments on Fishy's link, you get the impression that the parking company are stitching folk up on purpose to get the £100 as well as what folk have paid for parking.

From reading a lot of the comments on Fishy's link, you get the impression that the parking company are stitching folk up on purpose to get the £100 as well as what folk have paid for parking.
Imagine how many elderly people have been caught out when they go and sit down there with a flask of tea and a sandwich!
Stay away from Kilve, you can park for free at Lilstock and Shurton or even on the Stolford to Hinckley stretch.

I have been told that the crooks that installed the camera's, did it all for free. They don't take any of the parking fees either.

Their sole source of income, is the fines they collect....... Wonder why so many get fines ?

The pay machine is right at the entrance, most likely if you go in and park, then walk back to get a ticket (as there are no machines in the carpark) you will have gone past the grace period and get a fine.... So wrong on all counts, preying on the numerous old folk that used to park there. ?

The other thing, if you arrive during the "free period" it won't let you buy a ticket from the machine.... Very frustrating when staying late!

I think for anyone thinking of fishing down there, don't. Or remove/cover your number plates. It's on private land so you can't get done for it.
It looks pretty much like back lanes approaching the place, so a 2 minute stop with a roll of Gaffer Tape wouldn't be too difficult!

I chatted to some young ladies that lived next to the carpark entrance.... There parents allowed the camera guys to dig up there land to put a power cable in.

Now they have to pay like every one else if they want to park closer to the beach.... Pissed right off they were.

I guess they assumed they would get free parking like they always had before ☹️

Back