• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Ian Golds Bigaloo..

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just pulled the trigger on an Ian Golds Bigaloo, already have an Igloo, but need a bit more space. As you know Karen my partner and our little Molly always accompany me fishing, and the Igloo is great, but in inclement weather not quite enough room for all three plus tackle box etc. Shopped around and got one from Gerry's for £155. 🎣 🎣

Not really a review. But lets see how much more room it has.(y)

Ian.

Just pulled the trigger on an Ian Golds Bigaloo, already have an Igloo, but need a bit more space. As you know Karen my partner and our little Molly always accompany me fishing, and the Igloo is great, but in inclement weather not quite enough room for all three plus tackle box etc. Shopped around and got one from Gerry's for £155. 🎣 🎣

Not really a review. But lets see how much more room it has.(y)

Ian.
Have you seen this ?

They seem a cracking piece of kit. I have an old trident shelter for solo sessions. Easy to set up and really sturdy. I've also just picked up the IMAX storm safe v2. £50 from taskers in Liverpool which seemed a bargain to me. A bit more room for when I'm fishing with my buddies or lads.
I saw a video recently of Dean Booker fishing in a storm with the bigaloo, held up really well 👌
IMG_20231014_080258.jpgIMG_20231104_133228.jpg

They seem a cracking piece of kit. I have an old trident shelter for solo sessions. Easy to set up and really sturdy. I've also just picked up the IMAX storm safe v2. £50 from taskers in Liverpool which seemed a bargain to me. A bit more room for when I'm fishing with my buddies or lads.
I saw a video recently of Dean Booker fishing in a storm with the bigaloo, held up really well 👌
View attachment 54966View attachment 54967
The one in the first picture looks very much like the new Tronixpro one. Have tronix copied it, or are they one and the same..?
The Dean Booker storm video, he is using the Igloo, not Bigaloo. ;)

I have had an Igloo for ages, very good bit of kit, like i said, need a bit more room, hence getting the Bigaloo. (y)

Ian.

Last edited:
Never,never say never ever again.;)(y)🤣
Did I mention I also ordered a pair of Team Vass 175 Winter Lined Bib n Braces edition 4... :D

Ian.

I had a bigloo and it was mmmm crap lol , it fell apart had to buy a load of nuts n bolts to replace the standard ones which for some reason kept falling off, plus it’s so flipping heavy, biggest problem with it you have to put it up with the wind behind it so if it’s wind is coming from the sea the you have no chance of watching your tips because you’re face away from it lol seen quite a few disappear down the beach, iv gone back to my old imax which I know is small but it’s a million times better than the bigloo

I had a bigloo and it was mmmm crap lol , it fell apart had to buy a load of nuts n bolts to replace the standard ones which for some reason kept falling off, plus it’s so flipping heavy, biggest problem with it you have to put it up with the wind behind it so if it’s wind is coming from the sea the you have no chance of watching your tips because you’re face away from it lol seen quite a few disappear down the beach, iv gone back to my old imax which I know is small but it’s a million times better than the bigloo
You must have had the "Chinese version" Mike.. 🤣

Never had any problems with my Igloo, have put that up in some very strong winds Mike, and the Bigaloo is just a slightly bigger version. But we will see.;)

Ian.

The one in the first picture looks very much like the new Tronixpro one. Have tronix copied it, or are they one and the same..?
The Dean Booker storm video, he is using the Igloo, not Bigaloo. ;)

I have had an Igloo for ages, very good bit of kit, like i said, need a bit more room, hence getting the Bigaloo. (y)

Ian.
I haven't seen one in the flesh. But when I saw the pictures of the new one it does look very similar. That trident one is over 30 years old!

I haven't seen one in the flesh. But when I saw the pictures of the new one it does look very similar. That trident one is over 30 years old!
They do look very similar I must say.

Ian.

Tronixpro Snug.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 223033.png

2x Zziplex M4 Hi-Flex M's, 3x Zziplex Primo Synchro's, 2x Zziplex Primo Hi-Flex's, 2x Zziplex Profile GT's, 2x AFAW Match Pro Mk2's. 2x AFAW Tournament Match Pro Mk2's. 2x AFAW Four & Bait 14' Multi Mk2's. 2x Century Fireblade 13' GT's. 4x Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Mag ST's. 3x Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Mags. 3x Penn Fathom II 12 SD Mags. 2x Penn Fathom II Casting Specials. 3x Penn Fathom II 15 SD Mags.

Not much room left in the Bigaloo for you with that lot inside it.;)🤣

2x Zziplex M4 Hi-Flex M's, 3x Zziplex Primo Synchro's, 2x Zziplex Primo Hi-Flex's, 2x Zziplex Profile GT's, 2x AFAW Match Pro Mk2's. 2x AFAW Tournament Match Pro Mk2's. 2x AFAW Four & Bait 14' Multi Mk2's. 2x Century Fireblade 13' GT's. 4x Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Mag ST's. 3x Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Mags. 3x Penn Fathom II 12 SD Mags. 2x Penn Fathom II Casting Specials. 3x Penn Fathom II 15 SD Mags.

Not much room left in the Bigaloo for you with that lot inside it.;)🤣
I will have to get another one just for the gear.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

They do look very similar I must say.

Ian.

Tronixpro Snug.

View attachment 54972
Yeah, I'd say identical. Good solid design. A bit tricky to transport. It's long and the bars curve over at the top. But you can get one set up in seconds.

Back