• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West It’s not always silver bars and rainbows

Playing TSF catch-up - all behind with the catch reports.

Nice report Tony - shame it was only a brace of Doggies that came out of the Oggin.

That photo of your tangled gear triggers slight memories of last Friday. Not quite as serious! I usually make do with one Rig for a session unless I get snagged. Used two different ones on Friday. Always chuck the leads and the rigs in a bucket at the end, along with anything else that needs a rinse. Not helped by the bucket falling over twice between beach & home, the rigs were in a right tangle by the time they reached the kitchen sink for a wash - took ages to sort them out.

Playing TSF catch-up - all behind with the catch reports.

Nice report Tony - shame it was only a brace of Doggies that came out of the Oggin.

That photo of your tangled gear triggers slight memories of last Friday. Not quite as serious! I usually make do with one Rig for a session unless I get snagged. Used two different ones on Friday. Always chuck the leads and the rigs in a bucket at the end, along with anything else that needs a rinse. Not helped by the bucket falling over twice between beach & home, the rigs were in a right tangle by the time they reached the kitchen sink for a wash - took ages to sort them out.
Ha, I feel your pain!

I don’t think I’ve had a tangle that bad for several years.

It won’t be TOO bad to sort as the main line will be cut up and binned and the rigs will be relatively easy after that, I’m not too bad at sorting tangles.
The rigs may be due cutting up and remaking anyway…

Back