• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West One for the "mini" guys ?

Si-fly

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just started a species & specimen hunt comp and wondered if anyone could help with the more difficult species to find at Plymouth?

I've managed 32 in the last 12 days, so now need the more tricky stuff ?

Special blennies, couches etc if anyone could help a message / post would be great.

Down to watch the sailing with the Mrs so will only have an odd hr here and there.

A few pics of fish so far....I'll follow with a proper report when I'm back home ?. Cheers Si

Ps... Squid and lobster not counted unfortunately ☹️
IMG_20220721_103444~3_resize_57.jpg1658268255345_IMG-20220719-WA0003~2_resize_89.jpgIMG_20220724_224808_resize_23.jpgIMG_20220727_072951_resize_53.jpgIMG_20220726_215114~2_resize_12.jpgIMG_20220727_224258~2_resize_9.jpgIMG_20220726_215613_resize_83.jpg

We had painted and two spot in Sutton harbour, there is Ringnecks down the but don't know the spot, the Couchs come from the slipways in-between Elphinstone and Sutton, that's some nice minis you have had already(y)(y)

We had painted and two spot in Sutton harbour, there is Ringnecks down the but don't know the spot, the Couchs come from the slipways in-between Elphinstone and Sutton, that's some nice minis you have had already(y)(y)
Thanks Bananas, going for an hr now, see if I can find anything ?. Mrs having a swim by the pool atm, but looks bit shallow for me here.

Last edited:
Thanks Bananas, going for an hr now, see if I can find anything ?. Mrs having a swim buy the pool atm, but looks bit shallow for me here.
That’s because the tide is out , the Barbican is ok when the tides out , but not this time of the year it’s full of screaming kids etc , better in the dark

Nice. What’s the 5th pic? Kinda blue coloured goby thing.

Nice report & photos Si! Didn't realise you were coming down around my Manor! Good luck, high tide at 19.18 tonight, 64% spring tides. ????

Ah, sorry guys only just read the last lot of messages!

Thanks to those giving advice ?

The rest of you ?

LOL, nice to see you all take an interest ?

I ain't caught much, not really done much... Just an hr here and there, nearly lost a lure rod to a bloody bass?

Chucked a worm out for a couches, then used a 2nd rod down the edge, next thing first rod was sliding across the pontoon I was on.... ?..... Did slacken clutch, not enough I guess!

So far, 2 bass around 1.5lb, ballan, Corkwing & goldsinny wrasse, pouting, black bream, rock goby, pollack and loads of Shannys + prawns!

I'll get up early and try the inner harbour tomorrow for an hr or so.

Cheers lads ?

Ps... Another of those blue things... Looking not so blue ?IMG_20220726_214301.jpg

Last edited:
Back