• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Over complicated tackle? Or must have tech?

Nice video. Thanks for the link Si.
I've not actually watched that 1 I don't think, but Tom normally does very helpful videos....Well, I find them helpful as that type of fishing is just so different to my normal heavy pulley setup I use locally.
He tends to explain why he does stuff as well, gives casting ranges, baits and rig advice for the chosen mark and species he's after.....watch them all you will have a lot of useful info to help your fishing 👍

If anyone wants advice for the Bristol Channel rays, just keep it simple works fine....all I use for 95% of the time is a semi fixed pulley ....100lb rig body, 60lb snood.
I have an imp on the bottom and 2 biggish swivels to complete the rig with 4mm beads and a pennel setup.
Length can be anything from 15" snoods to 5' snoods depending on how clean the ground is.
Normal length is around 3'

👍

If anyone wants advice for the Bristol Channel rays, just keep it simple works fine....all I use for 95% of the time is a semi fixed pulley ....100lb rig body, 60lb snood.
I have an imp on the bottom and 2 biggish swivels to complete the rig with 4mm beads and a pennel setup.
Length can be anything from 15" snoods to 5' snoods depending on how clean the ground is.
Normal length is around 3'

👍
Works ok on the Sussex coast as well Si (y)

Back