• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

PB cod

Well done Steveo, 17 and half pounds in 1968 at Spurn Point on the Holderness is my PB. Always caught 4,5 or 6 every session and once caught 24 and my mate got 22 at Withernsea possibly a year or two later. Totally agree with Tommo as well, sewage outfalls and such were prolific and beaches up north of me such as Seaton Carew near Middlesborough were literally black with coal from mines running out to sea but always produced. Would be well pleased with an 8 lb fish nowadays though?(y)

Fishing South shields beach in the north east of England 2 nights ago i caught my shore pb 8lb 1oz, although it felt like double figures with weed. Believe it or not it took ragworm tipped with mackerel on a 2 hook flapper, single 2/0 mustard Viking. Not sure for the rest of the coastal marks in the uk but catching cod has become somewhat allusive in the north east.
They are as rare as hens teeth down my way unless you have a boat and go 6 miles offshore to the ledge.

Not far off mate, East Sussex
Yeah why is it the beach fishing from Essex to Kent is crap then good from
Dorset all the way round to Wales West coast Scotland round to the east Yorkshire coast
I have a mate that boat fishes in the river taymar he gets conger bass bream mackerel ting skate
Cod all Yr round

I wish I knew mate, I blame the French! Lol!
I think the Dutch, Belgians and other nations of the EU have got more to answer for with their bleddy Supertrawlers.

Back