• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Pop up rigs

yes - I did some tank tests and those rigs with a single pop up bead on are pretty much worthless as they do not even lift an un=baited hook, hence why I use 10 mm foam and just the one bead - the cost of so many beads on each snood would mean I would have to pay like £4 or £ 5 a rig.... :)
Especially if you got them from Abbo Tackle 🙄

I've got a couple of packs of 30mm foam pop up balls from temu site. Dead cheap too. And was wondering how many I would need to lift a decent sized bait up from the bottom. Something like a big squid/ bluey,/ mack fillets or head.

I've got a couple of packs of 30mm foam pop up balls from temu site. Dead cheap too. And was wondering how many I would need to lift a decent sized bait up from the bottom. Something like a big squid/ bluey,/ mack fillets or head.
Do a test in the bath 😉

Sell them to Abbo tackle mate, he’ll give you about 80p each, that’s what they’re worth apparently!

I use pop up beads for small baits but for any larger baits I just use a wine cork. Put a slit in it to take the line and then some insulation tape to hold it in place. Very bouyant, works a treat and costs very little.

I use pop up beads for small baits but for any larger baits I just use a wine cork. Put a slit in it to take the line and then some insulation tape to hold it in place. Very bouyant, works a treat and costs very little.
Only just seen this as I have had a week or so away from social media and it has been total bliss :) if you want to make your own like my pop up rigs - search for 'White Closed Cell Circular Polyethylene Foam Backer Rod (10MM)' - it's much much cheaper (and the same) as sold by the carp guys :)

Only just seen this as I have had a week or so away from social media and it has been total bliss :) if you want to make your own like my pop up rigs - search for 'White Closed Cell Circular Polyethylene Foam Backer Rod (10MM)' - it's much much cheaper (and the same) as sold by the carp guys :)
That's a bit of a "mouthful" Kev... :D

Ian.

Better off floatfishing I would have thought unless distance is critical

Back