• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Rod holdall/quiver

My hold-all was removed from a skip many years ago! Cannot remember the make as it’s in the garage and pissing down outside! It would have been expensive in its day though I’m sure, really heavy well made thing. It has shoulder straps and a carry handle.
Lol, chances of me finding one in a skip is slim, good find though.
Might invest in one, not a bank breaker.

I bought one of these last month as a birthday present well impressed with the Quality of it and looks it will last a long time.

I bought one of these last month as a birthday present well impressed with the Quality of it and looks it will last a long time.

I had that type but I didn’t like the exposed ends of 2 piece rods.

I had that type but I didn’t like the exposed ends of 2 piece rods.
I never have my rods loose in my holdalls, always in their bags, rods are tools, and a good craftsman looks after his tools. ;)

Ian.

Lol, I am in the Wingnut shopping camp.
You obviously have the wrong view of fishing tackle shopping. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Now you know I don't buy much gear, can't afford to... 🤣 🤣

Ian.

I have several of them, good quality Holdalls, will take two rods in their bags, shelter and Tripod with ease.. (y)

Ian.

Just ordered the VMO comp and specimen holdall.
As I said before, they are very good Holdall's, and well made, plenty of room as well.. (y)

Ian.

As I said before, they are very good Holdall's, and well made, plenty of room as well.. (y)

Ian.
How long are the holdalls Ian ? I'm surprised VMO don't give the length on their website.

When I use my contis, on clean beachesI have made a two tube “holdall” for them,they sit in their own individual tubes , capped at both ends, the tubes are joined ide by side and have section where I can strap on my tripod.The tubes prevent any damage to the contis as they are fully enclosed.The setup proved its worth last year when I slipped down one of the Holderness Mud cliffs.I tumbled about 40 feet down, arse over head with my box on my back and the rod tubes in my hand. I landed on my face on the beach box still on my back and the rods were at the bottom of the cliff where I had tumbled over them. Everything was lashed in mud but the rods were unmarked and undamaged.
I think if any of the holdalls seen so far had suffered that then the rods inside would have at least some repair needed. The tubes have a shoulder strap and a carry handle as well.
The best part is that for total rod protection, and waterproof with no brand names ,the total cost was about a tenner.

IMG_1829.jpeg

I also have a “Goldsie” holdall which is indestructible, but does not get used much, and also some bendy ties which I just wrap around the rods/ tripod that I use on rock marks.

Dave

Back