• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Sea Angler Magazine.

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Yes, i know this magazine is not the most popular amongst us anglers, but i have read it from the very first one published, its something to read i suppose. But i may not be buying it anymore, since the now editor took over, it has been slowly having more and more Boat fishing articles, of no interest to me at all, its got to the point that its about 70% of the bloody mag......

So, today whilst in Asda where i normally buy it, the latest copy was on the shelfs, big Yellow envelope, feck me its got a copy of the boat angler inside as well, and £6.50 ta boot, so i have the Sea Angler which is nearly all boat angling, but bugger me i also have a mag dedicated to it. So i wont be purchasing it any more.

No offence is meant to our Boat Angling fraternity.... ;)

Rant over.

Ian.

Give up buying Sea Angler 10 years ago after buying it for about 5years.

Only ever bought it on monthly subscription when free reel with it.

Got tedious around that time with repeated stuff.

And they "gave" a page to The AT

I like picking up a mag every now and then , thinking back though it's probably 2 years since I have. Might get next months and leave a review on here lol.

Give up buying Sea Angler 10 years ago after buying it for about 5years.

Only ever bought it on monthly subscription when free reel with it.

And they "gave" a page to The AT
Similar here. They were giving away a rod with subscription. When I phoned up,they couldn't guarantee that I would get a rod. So bye bye to subscription. Haven't bought it for years.

Think I've skimmed through one or two copies in my lifetime - can't remember if I bought them or was given them. Haven't looked at a copy for years.
They seemed to be more adverts than articles, and with so much available on the Hinterweb now, don't need it.

The only magazine I've ever subscribed to was PC Pro, when I did my Computer HND and was trying to get into the industry for work back in the 90's. Think there's about 120 copies boxed up in a cupboard!

I gave up with all magazines a good few years ago. I appreciate advertising pays for the content but found most mags style are huge photos, lots adverts and very little text. A secondhand book seems a far better purchase in my view.

Mike millman has done some good articles on old school fishing down here recently! Otherwise not interested in going abroad after marlin or lrfing for blennys,leakyboots is a good bass angler though!
I’ve got both of “leakyboots” books, both great reads

Feb .... plaice
March..... smuts
april.... stingers
may ..... tope
june ..... bream
july.... bass
aug.... summer species inc sole
sept .... cods
oct.... cods
nov..... big skate
dec.... overseas
jan.... free if you buy a subscription
Same for each year then, was about 20 years ago I last read one.

I stopped buying it after four issues.. all the articles were about dawn sarf.. no good advice for up here..🙄
Proper fishing down here,no messing round catching kelp red Tommy codlings! Lol know what you mean though,no way for me to go to Norway,can of special would be twenty quid over there!

If you buy a subscription for six months, you only pay £24.99, saving you £2.01, feck me ill pass.

Ian.

Back