• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Shelter Recommendations

SirGunner

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Finally the new rod saga is over, thanks to everyone for all the words of wisdom 🙏
Now onto the next item which was going to be a nice new rod holdall/quiver but now due to my old 50" heavy duty brolly expoding in the wind last weekend had dropped down my list of priorities.
So I'm now looking for beach shelter recommendations please. My father in law has an Ian Golds Igloo which looks excellent but was wondering if there are any other decent shelters that you guys would recommend? Or is the Igloo the way to go? I've seen a video reviewing the Tronixpro Snug which looks pretty decent and light weight and a little cheaper than the Igloo? Again any advice/info or recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance

Short sessions I'll use a TF gear beach brolly (one of the few quality bits of kit from that stable)
Longer sessions I've got a John Holden beach buddy. The igloo is a quality bit of kit as well.
Avoid the copies if you want things to last.

More often than not, quality clothing is better than a shelter.

If sat snug and dry under a shelter and your not catching, chances are you'll stay put and blank.
No shelter and you'll probably try elsewhere 👍

Iv got a bigloo and used it 5 times don’t use it now far to big and heavy to cart about , now I use a imax it’s smaller lighter and so easy to pack away and fits perfect in my century bag , one thing i found out very quickly about the bigloo you have to pitch it up with the wind coming over the back of it no good if your got a off shore wind you’ll be sat outside of it looking at your tips getting soaking wet

Short sessions I'll use a TF gear beach brolly (one of the few quality bits of kit from that stable)
Longer sessions I've got a John Holden beach buddy. The igloo is a quality bit of kit as well.
Avoid the copies if you want things to last.

More often than not, quality clothing is better than a shelter.

If sat snug and dry under a shelter and your not catching, chances are you'll stay put and blank.
No shelter and you'll probably try elsewhere 👍
Great thanks Shirley I've had a look for the Beach Buddy but can't find it in stock anywhere? Do you know if they still make it? Good point about getting too comfortable and not moving when necessary 👍

Iv got a bigloo and used it 5 times don’t use it now far to big and heavy to cart about , now I use a imax it’s smaller lighter and so easy to pack away and fits perfect in my century bag , one thing i found out very quickly about the bigloo you have to pitch it up with the wind coming over the back of it no good if your got a off shore wind you’ll be sat outside of it looking at your tips getting soaking wet
Thanks Mike, is the Bigloo much bigger and heavier than the standard Igloo? Good advice about pitching with back to the wind and not being able to see the rods 👍

A beach shelter is not something I've ever felt the need for. More than enough gear to lug around when not in the best of health already.
If the weather gets very wet, I'm off outta there & back to the car.

A beach shelter is not something I've ever felt the need for. More than enough gear to lug around when not in the best of health already.
If the weather gets very wet, I'm off outta there & back to the car.
Sorry to hear your health isnt tip top mate 😔Unfortunately I burn easily so need to stay out the sun as much as possible. Also went fishing Saturday and the wind was an absolute pain in the arse without my brolly. The other thing is I'll be looking to do a few nights soon for Rays and Hounds 🤞 and would like a little comfort to keep me out the elements

I dont think they have any sea shelters. I have a freshwater bivvy/shelter already but its no good for beach fishing as I can't secure it as there are no flaps for shingle and the pegs are useless on shingle 😕

Sorry to hear your health isnt tip top mate 😔Unfortunately I burn easily so need to stay out the sun as much as possible. Also went fishing Saturday and the wind was an absolute pain in the arse without my brolly. The other thing is I'll be looking to do a few nights soon for Rays and Hounds 🤞 and would like a little comfort to keep me out the elements
Know what you mean - everyone to their own! 👍👍

Back