• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Shelter Recommendations

I've found an Igloo secondhand in excellent condition for about half the price of a new one. I'll see if I can go take a look this weekend or maybe one night this week.

I dont think they have any sea shelters. I have a freshwater bivvy/shelter already but its no good for beach fishing as I can't secure it as there are no flaps for shingle and the pegs are useless on shingle 😕
Ok it was just that Trampster said fishing stuff in Lidl, and i had brochure but threw it out for todays recycle, so did not know which one it was.
We got one we had when grand kids were babies, youngest is 10 and was only a cheapo that we put rocks in to hold it down as i remember.

Ok it was just that Trampster said fishing stuff in Lidl, and i had brochure but threw it out for todays recycle, so did not know which one it was.
We got one we had when grand kids were babies, youngest is 10 and was only a cheapo that we put rocks in to hold it down as i remember.
No worries mate thanks for the idea 👍

Either of the imax ones are spot on once up. The fr comes in a bag but a pain to fold right down may sound like a heathen but I collapse mine fold it in half and bungee it together fits straight in me hold-all then and takes less than a minute to put up in shite weather open out put stones/shingle on the apron and up it goes. If you want really snug get the smaller one with the tie over doors. Plenty of room for one and will take a battering in wind and rain.

Either of the imax ones are spot on once up. The fr comes in a bag but a pain to fold right down may sound like a heathen but I collapse mine fold it in half and bungee it together fits straight in me hold-all then and takes less than a minute to put up in shite weather open out put stones/shingle on the apron and up it goes. If you want really snug get the smaller one with the tie over doors. Plenty of room for one and will take a battering in wind and rain.
Sounds good thanks @Live in hope 👍

I don't get the "cant see the rods" bit with the shelter back facing the sea, you just have your rods inline with the entrance of the shelter for feck sake.. I have a Bigaloo and Igloo. (y)

Ian.

I don't get the "cant see the rods" bit with the shelter back facing the sea, you just have your rods inline with the entrance of the shelter for feck sake.. I have a Bigaloo and Igloo. (y)

Ian.
It's the Igloo I'm going to have a look at this weekend Ian. How do you find it? Is it easy to put up and reliable in the wind mate?

It's the Igloo I'm going to have a look at this weekend Ian. How do you find it? Is it easy to put up and reliable in the wind mate?
The Igloo can be erected within a couple of minutes Steve, same as the Bigaloo, and very sturdy in the wind. (y) Is it a MK2 Igloo ?

Ian.

The Igloo can be erected within a couple of minutes Steve, same as the Bigaloo, and very sturdy in the wind. (y) Is it a MK2 Igloo ?

Ian.
Looking at photos it looks exactly the same as the mk2 shelters for sale in the online shops mate

Back