• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

shock leaders

I don't, but have heard of a lot of folk that do. As Hobbit said above, be sure your knots are good.

I posted this a while ago, but for the benefit of new members, there's a store on eBay that will do Braid in any strength from 6Lb to 100Lb in various lengths from 10 metres up. Saves buying 150 meters of Braid if you just want to try it as a leader.

Is that Braid to mono ?

It does not matter really, braid is fine for me, I use it quite regularly for mono and braid main lines.

If you wanted to you can use a heavier braid straight through. I have 60 lb braid on some of my beach fixed spools and dont bother with a leader at all . Modern good quality braids have a 60 lb dia at about the same as 18 lb mono so its a win win.

Dave

A lot of the carp boys used stren as main line in the 90’s… I always used to laugh at them using fluorescent yellow line..😬
I mean.. all dressed like an sas soldier with matching green luggage and camouflage.. then the bit that went into the water was like dayglo..😂

Prefer either Asso bulletproof or Greased Weasel,both very good knot strength with minimal slippage and wear well over mixed ground.

Back