• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Shoreham west arm

Andy2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Fished shoreham west arm 1 hour before low and 3 hours up baits fresh blacks frozen squid & razor calms/mackerel. Not a lot about had 8 whiting and 1 dogfish a short session but enjoyable nice to be out in the fresh air. No wind clear sky’s and frost.

Fished shoreham west arm 1 hour before low and 3 hours up baits fresh blacks frozen squid & razor calms/mackerel. Not a lot about had 8 whiting and 1 dogfish a short session but enjoyable nice to be out in the fresh air. No wind clear sky’s and frost.
Is this the syndicate side or the power station one?

you say the syndicate side you have be a member to fish both sides of the arms at night you can fish both sides with one membership.

That's where I started fishing when I was a kid, used harbour rag we dug ,mostly flounders,pout, occasionally we would be surprised with more exotic species like mackerel. This was extremely dangerous,with excited kids slinging feathers everywhere all at the same time.
It had the aroma of a urinal, so we didn't feel bad adding to the smell, the newspaper bait wrappings blew around like tumbleweed, apparently it is now civilised with safety railings and other modern paraphernalia. I think even females go there!

Is this the syndicate side or the power station one?
The West Arm is a members only, not sure about the east one as wouldn't surprise me if it went the same way. You would be better off along the beach and fishing between the arm and Widewater.

I remember the West Arm at Newhaven, used to be fairly good fishing back in the day until the French brought the harbour and banned fishing.

You have be a member for both sides one membership allows you to fish both sides. It’s alot better now as there’s a warden so there no rubbish left blowing around as there are bins

You have be a member for both sides one membership allows you to fish both sides. It’s alot better now as there’s a warden so there no rubbish left blowing around as there are bins
They can keep their membership thanks.

They can keep their membership thanks.
That's what I think also, there are other places in the area.
As I'm so far away, it's not worth looking into it.
Do they keep out all those Eastern Europeans, who keep everything that they catch no matter how undersize???

That's what I think also, there are other places in the area.
As I'm so far away, it's not worth looking into it.
Do they keep out all those Eastern Europeans, who keep everything that they catch no matter how undersize???
You need to go to Brighton Marina, the Chinese & Eastern European try to keep everything they catch. They get a stern talking to if found with undersized fish.

Is that a member for just night fishing?
Yes, I found this out a few years ago.
They decided that they would have a fishing club, supposedly to make the area clean and tidy?
To stop eastern european anglers taking undersized fish.
As I live hundreds of miles away it’s not worth me enquiring about this place.
I used to fish from the beach and cast along side the brake water.

I used to travel to this area staying in Worthing, this all changed at Christmas 2022.
So off to seek out other areas across the UK.
The owner of the bright pink shit hole on Brighton Road can keep his so called bed n breakfast dump.

I always thought that was Brightons main attraction..😎
Would you believe me if I told you he is actually a builder and a Worthing and Adur Council
Read the comments on Trust pilot and similar.
It was okay in 1990 but hasn’t been updated since okay If you like woodchip

Would you believe me if I told you he is actually a builder and a Worthing and Adur Council
Read the comments on Trust pilot and similar.
It was okay in 1990 but hasn’t been updated since okay If you like woodchip
I don’t think you understand my joke.

Nice report Andy! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back