• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Shoreham west arm

Good effort Andy. Nice to be out fishing even if you don't catch.

I thought I read something recently about the two arms being run by a trust and were available for day ticket fishing during the day but a members only venue for night fishing. Is that correct do you know?

Good effort Andy. Nice to be out fishing even if you don't catch.

I thought I read something recently about the two arms being run by a trust and were available for day ticket fishing during the day but a members only venue for night fishing. Is that correct do you know?
West Arm definitely is, don’t know about the east?

Apparently both walls are now members only, not for me thanks.
It keeps the undesirable elements away or the litter louts and our foreign friends taking undersized fish.

It’s unlikely I’d ever fish there but if I lived local I’d be happy to apply for membership.

It keeps the undesirable elements away or the litter louts and our foreign friends taking undersized fish.

It’s unlikely I’d ever fish there but if I lived local I’d be happy to apply for membership.
That is a number of peeps banned then :unsure: I will spend my hard earned tax money elsewhere thanks.

That is a number of peeps banned then :unsure: I will spend my hard earned tax money elsewhere thanks.
Yep a number of peeps banned because of their behaviour.
I seem to recall from threads on the other side before they brought this in, the arms were covered in litter and smelt of piss etc.
The current situation was a compromise because the harbour authorities wanted to close it to angling altogether.

We don’t have a right to fish where we like if it’s effectively privately owned.
And whether it’s a minority of users or not, the authorities aren’t obliged to accommodate anglers and I can’t blame them for getting peed off with litter and anti social behaviour etc.
If it was a public beach I could understand the objection.

Anyway, no skin off my nose but if I lived near there I’d be happy to sign up and fish with proper anglers and not the cider drinking brigade.

A bit like the marina at Brighton, they have bailiffs banning the problem idiots etc.
Newhaven arms (owned by the French) have been closed for years.
I still wouldn't fish at Shoreham arms, then that's my choice.

Yep a number of peeps banned because of their behaviour.
I seem to recall from threads on the other side before they brought this in, the arms were covered in litter and smelt of piss etc.
The current situation was a compromise because the harbour authorities wanted to close it to angling altogether.

We don’t have a right to fish where we like if it’s effectively privately owned.
And whether it’s a minority of users or not, the authorities aren’t obliged to accommodate anglers and I can’t blame them for getting peed off with litter and anti social behaviour etc.
If it was a public beach I could understand the objection.

Anyway, no skin off my nose but if I lived near there I’d be happy to sign up and fish with proper anglers and not the cider drinking brigade.
"Cider drinking brigade" I thought that was part of beach fishing!!! Lol

"Cider drinking brigade" I thought that was part of beach fishing!!! Lol
Not for me - usually got to drive to get there, so no boozing.

Not for me - usually got to drive to get there, so no boozing.
Iam lucky were I live, don't need to drive. I won't drink on the boat or anything other than a flat sandy shore mark! Might have a dangle tonight.

Back