• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

SKS rods

Both Peloquin and i have a pair sks blacks, in 14ft fixed spool. I like the rods, they do whaat it says on the tin.
Only downside is the inners on the rings are quite fragile.

I had a butt eye broken on delivery, but that may have been down to a shoddy courier - I have been wary of the eyes ever since. My boy and my wife have both given the rods some stick, including hitting them off concrete supports and groynes while casting etc and they have held up to that with no problems.

I had a butt eye broken on delivery, but that may have been down to a shoddy courier - I have been wary of the eyes ever since. My boy and my wife have both given the rods some stick, including hitting them off concrete supports and groynes while casting etc and they have held up to that with no problems.
Make em buy there own rods if there going to do such things to yours ouchy ???

Personally I'd avoid the sk4 rods, I had a pair for the rough stuff and they were nice enough rods but both tips snapped for no reason what so ever, sonik kept promising new tip sections under warranty but after a few months agreed to a full refund, that's when I got the 6&baits.

I own 4 of them mate, what would you like to know?
Do you have the older red or the newer white trimmed rods. I have the red trimmed rods and was wondering if the newer white trimmed ones were much of an improvement as they are supposed to be slimmer and stronger? TIA

Do you have the older red or the newer white trimmed rods. I have the red trimmed rods and was wondering if the newer white trimmed ones were much of an improvement as they are supposed to be slimmer and stronger? TIA
Chances are it's the same rod with white wrappings, but I could be wrong.. :(

Ian.

Last edited:

Chances are it's the same rod with white wrappings, but I could be wrong.. :(

Ian.
OP is 2 years old guys.;)

Not "he" but "it" The Post. not the Poster.;);)

Newer of the 2 models available.

Last edited:
Back