• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Some new floats

No,do both disciplines,just making you aware that we're in the Freshwater Section and joe carp was referring to his Freshwater floats that he has purchased.Nudge nudge;);)(y)Agree they could be used for groundbaiting for Mullet.(y)
Lol just because i have carp in my forum name . That dosnt mean i dont go seafishing aswell TD (y) The joe carp name dose surgest im a carper tdx , but im not a carper mate . Im an all rounder . (y) I have been in a boat fishing club and a beachcasting club in my past fishing endeavours . I kept the same joe carp name originally before even joining wsf on another fishing forum over a decade ago before that called merseyside anglers which i dont think running now ? If a hybrid technique can be learnt from this thread then great . (y)

Lol just because i have carp in my forum name . That dosnt mean i dont go seafishing aswell TD
I'm not questioning whether or not you go sea fishing.I was merely pointing out that this thread was posted in the Freshwater Section and the feeder floats that are pictured are primarily used in freshwater fishing.Allbeit they can be used for bait feeding for Mullet.I never assumed that you were a Carp angler,I have read enough of your posts on WSF to know otherwise.(y)(y)??

PS.
As an after thought read your first 2 posts they refer to Freshwater Fishing with these floats in the Summer months,nothing was mentioned about using for Sea Fishing.Other posters merely pointed out that they would scare Mullet away.That is why I pointed out this was a Freshwater Thread.If I got this wrong please accept my appologies.(y)??

Last edited:
Lol just because i have carp in my forum name . That dosnt mean i dont go seafishing aswell TD (y) The joe carp name dose surgest im a carper tdx , but im not a carper mate . Im an all rounder . (y) I have been in a boat fishing club and a beachcasting club in my past fishing endeavours . I kept the same joe carp name originally before even joining wsf on another fishing forum over a decade ago before that called merseyside anglers which i dont think running now ? If a hybrid technique can be learnt from this thread then great . (y)
I thought carp were some type of goldfish, then as a kid I only caught small crucian ones at my local mill pond.

WOW! You have Mill Ponds in Sussex.We only have Common Brick Ponds UP NORTH.(y)??? With Carp included.(y)?
We have loads of mill ponds in Sussex. ;)

Obviously an affluent Southern County.Mill Grinders not Brick Makers.??
We have brick and clay tile works in Sussex. Yes I have been to your area, ONCE was enough.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You must have imported the grafters from up north.Too much manual labour involved for southerners.??
Ha ha we get them from Europe, cheap as chips. Northern peeps want to put the world to rights or stay in the pub for hours then fight everyone. - just a wind up TD. :ROFLMAO:(y)

Ha ha we get them from Europe, cheap as chips. Northern peeps want to put the world to rights or stay in the pub for hours then fight everyone. - just a wind up TD. :ROFLMAO:(y)
That's the trouble with being educated down this way ;)

Ha ha we get them from Europe, cheap as chips
Yeah.I've seen them beaching their Ribs on the South Coast and you lot lined up to choose the best specimens to work for their new Gaffers.????? Excuse the Pun,just ribbing you.(y)??? The fortunate ones who are left get to apply for Asylum.??

Last edited:
That you have to resort to quoting your own post.Is a Northern quote not good enough for you.;);)????
It was an after thought and thought I would wind you up further td. chill life is to short, must check my visa so I can visit Yorkshire sometime whilst passing through ;)o_O:eek::sleep::unsure::ROFLMAO:

must check my visa so I can visit Yorkshire sometime whilst passing through ;)o_O:eek::sleep::unsure::ROFLMAO:
Hopefully be down Devon in May but wont venture further East as the locals 3 counties along are very undesireable types.Bit nose in the air if you know what I mean.????? What's a Visa? Is that a Chav thing?:eek::eek:??

Last edited:
Hopefully be down Devon in May but wont venture further East as the locals 3 counties along are very undesireable types.Bit nose in the air if you know what I mean.????? What's a Visa?
Hurray (y)

Yeah.I've seen them beaching their Ribs on the South Coast and you lot lined up to choose the best specimens to work for their new Gaffers.????? Excuse the Pun,just ribbing you.(y)??? The fortunate ones who are left get to apply for Asylum.??
I have heard a rumour that they were going to send the spare ones up to Yorkshire as you have spare capacity in your place.;):ROFLMAO: Also some JW's and Mormons.

I'm not questioning whether or not you go sea fishing.I was merely pointing out that this thread was posted in the Freshwater Section and the feeder floats that are pictured are primarily used in freshwater fishing.Allbeit they can be used for bait feeding for Mullet.I never assumed that you were a Carp angler,I have read enough of your posts on WSF to know otherwise.(y)(y)??

PS.
As an after thought read your first 2 posts they refer to Freshwater Fishing with these floats in the Summer months,nothing was mentioned about using for Sea Fishing.Other posters merely pointed out that they would scare Mullet away.That is why I pointed out this was a Freshwater Thread.If I got this wrong please accept my appologies.(y)??

Nice 1 tdx (y) I was just telling abit about my course fishing name on a sea fishing forum lol . ;)(y) I have never fished for mullet myself mate , But I could see the spod float working wonders under piers using crushed mussels or other shelfish mixed in with white or brown breadcrumb and dropping it down amongst the pier legs ect . The spod floats are probably boyant enough aswell for a sea float . Another idea is could soak the float itself in salmon oil before fishing for a constant scent trail ?

I thought carp were some type of goldfish, then as a kid I only caught small crucian ones at my local mill pond.

I think the crucian are the native british breed beach ? although someone else should be able to confirm that mate (y)

I have heard a rumour that they were going to send the spare ones up to Yorkshire as you have spare capacity in your place.;):ROFLMAO:
Yeah,they were also going to send some Covid cases from darn sarf because we had spare capacity up here.Must have been for the quality of the air that we're blessed with.Don't know if it ever materialised.(y)????

Back