• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Spooligan

FishAmaniac

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all,

Just came across a new range of accessories by a company called spooligan.
The most interesting one in my opinion is the holsta. A little accessory tray that that fits directly onto the shakespeare/Daiwa style boxes.
There is also a clamp available so it can be used on any type of box.
What do you all think?

Hi all,

The most interesting one in my opinion is the holsta. A little accessory tray that that fits directly onto the shakespeare/Daiwa style boxes.
What do you all think?
Personally I’ve never bothered with seat box attachments as mine needs to be moved constantly, and gets covered in sand or mud.

I have considered a tripod net or similar to hold a few bits and bobs but again it sees a lot of movement on many of my local marks and I’m not entirely sure how beneficial it might be.

If you like being organised and are able to have a permanent base camp, fair play.

Hi all,

What do you all think?
It looks like a good idea, but if, like me you've already got 2 Shakespeare side trays, not sure where you would put it.
It also looks a bit a bit expensive at £19.99 for a smal bit of moulded plastic.

Well VMO are really pushing the Spooligan stuff, get at least one email from them about these every day this week. :(

Ian.

Then again, the Holster would be useful for my Magnum..🤣🤣

Ian.

I've got a shakespeare seat box but hardly use it, and as mentioned, I've got two side trays so don't see the need for a Spooligan.
Lately, I tend to use my Aldi trolley which I made a plywood lid for, so it acts like a seatbox on wheels. I also did some research on eBay and found a couple of those sturdy plastic trays that you put under oblong plant tubs - got a couple that were just the right size to fit in the top of the Aldi trolley and still get your fingers underneath to lift 'em out. 👍👍
Ideal for fishing local piers, and if I need to go beach fishing, the Shakey box comes out on a set of sack trucks with baloon tyres.

Aldi folding trolley.jpg

I've got a shakespeare seat box but hardly use it, and as mentioned, I've got two side trays so don't see the need for a Spooligan.
Lately, I tend to use my Aldi trolley which I made a plywood lid for, so it acts like a seatbox on wheels. I also did some research on eBay and found a couple of those sturdy plastic trays that you put under oblong plant tubs - got a couple that were just the right size to fit in the top of the Aldi trolley and still get your fingers underneath to lift 'em out. 👍👍
Ideal for fishing local piers, and if I need to go beach fishing, the Shakey box comes out on a set of sack trucks with baloon tyres.

View attachment 55483
I can just see you doing the shopping with that Dave, walking round Aldi's.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

I can just see you doing the shopping with that Dave, walking round Aldi's.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.
It never got used for that Ian! It's permanently full of fishing tackle unless I need to take the Shakey box out!
Wifey inherited a big nest of tables and the biggest one is in the corner of the lounge, and that wheely box just fits nicely underneath it out of the way! Saves me lugging it up & down the stairs. She said "You'll have to move that before Christmas day". 😮😮
I quickly responded with "No, we've got 10 here for Christmas day and I can put a cushion on it for another seat" Not a word from her since!

It never got used for that Ian! It's permanently full of fishing tackle unless I need to take the Shakey box out!
Wifey inherited a big nest of tables and the biggest one is in the corner of the lounge, and that wheely box just fits nicely underneath it out of the way! Saves me lugging it up & down the stairs. She said "You'll have to move that before Christmas day". 😮😮
I quickly responded with "No, we've got 10 here for Christmas day and I can put a cushion on it for another seat" Not a word from her since!
That's it Dave, that told her mate... 🤣

Ian.

That's it Dave, that told her mate... 🤣

Ian.
I didn't fare so well with my Quiver of Rods! That was in a small alcove along with Wifey's Celestial Telescope I bought her years ago which has only been used twice. "That will all have to go upstairs too". I put my Rods upstairs but the Telescope is still sat there. 🙄🙄

I didn't fare so well with my Quiver of Rods! That was in a small alcove along with Wifey's Celestial Telescope I bought her years ago which has only been used twice. "That will all have to go upstairs too". I put my Rods upstairs but the Telescope is still sat there. 🙄🙄
Well I wear the trousers in our house ;) when Karen is out that is...🤣🤣

Ian.

Isn't love grand - 15 love to you ;)

I still have a 10 gallon F&E tank (plastic) with a lid and made a wood and varnished after bolting it to the tank lid. I am sure there is loads of tackle and a couple of reels stored in there. It's in the back of the big shed along with my old boat and beach rods. I call it vintage or ker-knackered. :giggle:

Is she keeping and eye on you with the telescope :ROFLMAO:

Do we really need all these extra gadgets to attach to our tackle boxes.??

All I had as a boy was an ice cream tub.. ;)

Ian.

Back