• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Spooligan

Well I must admit I got one for meself for crimbo and tbf it’s well made can sling me bits in there for baiting up if I need to move put a mount inside can chuck it in there move and set it up again. Handy if it’s shit high with mud or out on the reefs. But then that’s prob just me and me ocd to being organised and having everything to hand.

Personally, no. But it doesn’t bother me what other people carry!

Would you believe some of them take tents fishing?! 😳
Shelter, if you don't mind Mr Fish.. ;) :)

Ian.

Do we really need all these extra gadgets to attach to our tackle boxes.??

All I had as a boy was an ice cream tub.. ;)

Ian.
I think a few extra gadgets are the least of your worries Ian.
I'd bet you only had one rod and reel as a lad too 😉

I think a few extra gadgets are the least of your worries Ian.
I'd bet you only had one rod and reel as a lad too 😉
I don't know what you mean.. :) As a lad I had a Mitchel 600P and a winfield Rod, dogs bollocks to me, and the ice cream tub of course..:D

Ian.

Hi all,

Just came across a new range of accessories by a company called spooligan.
The most interesting one in my opinion is the holsta. A little accessory tray that that fits directly onto the shakespeare/Daiwa style boxes.
There is also a clamp available so it can be used on any type of box.
What do you all think?

Quite well thought out and a nice demo video but looks a bit fiddly putting all the bits and pieces into the little slots and holes. In real life on the beach in the dark I don't think it would work so well. I guess if you have a love of extreme tidiness it would appeal.

I'm happier just putting everything into the standard side tray(s) on my Beta box. They're bigger and so can hold more. No holes for little stuff to drop through onto the beach either. No doubt they'll do OK with enough advertising but I can't see that it's any better than what I use already.

Quite well thought out and a nice demo video but looks a bit fiddly putting all the bits and pieces into the little slots and holes. In real life on the beach in the dark I don't think it would work so well. I guess if you have a love of extreme tidiness it would appeal.

I'm happier just putting everything into the standard side tray(s) on my Beta box. They're bigger and so can hold more. No holes for little stuff to drop through onto the beach either. No doubt they'll do OK with enough advertising but I can't see that it's any better than what I use already.
I just throw everything back in the box then curse and swear when I can’t find it 😇

If you had bags and boxes for everything your be there most of the session still looking for bits
What gets used with my gear has been streamlined over many years, so there’s a bits box, hook box, weight tub, rig wallet (or rigs just loose in bags), that’s about it apart from obviously knife, scissors, bait elastic.

The stuff I need to hand usually gets hung from the tripod or put in a pocket but otherwise I don’t feel the need to organise it further.

But I’d be the first to admit I’m not mega organised 😂😂😂

What gets used with my gear has been streamlined over many years, so there’s a bits box, hook box, weight tub, rig wallet (or rigs just loose in bags), that’s about it apart from obviously knife, scissors, bait elastic.

The stuff I need to hand usually gets hung from the tripod or put in a pocket but otherwise I don’t feel the need to organise it further.

But I’d be the first to admit I’m not mega organised 😂😂😂
Its called organised chaos Mr Fish, bit like my tackle box (ice cream tub).. :)

Ian.

I must have spent years inventing , adapting, constructing and altering just about everything that I use on the beach, made my own tripods, lamp stands, box adaptions etc etc.

Now I have come to the conclusion that all these gadgets and items that I made to help me be more “efficient “ were just so much window dressing.

As far as this whatever it is called, it is just that, window dressing that is just so much more to carry with no real benefit over a couple of ice cream boxes or whatever simple containers that do the job just as well.

Dave

I must have spent years inventing , adapting, constructing and altering just about everything that I use on the beach, made my own tripods, lamp stands, box adaptions etc etc.

Now I have come to the conclusion that all these gadgets and items that I made to help me be more “efficient “ were just so much window dressing.

As far as this whatever it is called, it is just that, window dressing that is just so much more to carry with no real benefit over a couple of ice cream boxes or whatever simple containers that do the job just as well.

Dave
As long as they are "Walls" ice cream tubs.. ;)

Ian.

Back