• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Storage boxes

Trampster

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I posted on a thread about these quite a while ago - might have been before I moved from the Dark side to the Light!

I was after some strong storage boxes for my surplus tackle & tools, and these Wham recycled boxes fitted the bill. Home bargains had them for £7.99 but none in stock, and still none in stock. I managed to get a couple in the end from B&Q as they were on offer for £7.00.

They are brilliant boxes, stackable, really strong, and British made from recycled plastic. I've stood on one with my 100kgs and they don't even flinch. I decided I wanted a few more, so a search began. B&Q prices have increased to £10 but none in stock. Long story short, I found a set of 3 at Robert Dyas for £28.99 with free delivery. Googled for discount codes and got £5.00 off with the code AUT21TS. 45L capacity, Size: H32 x W49 x D39.5cm.

Genuinely good quality boxes at approx. £8.00 each with the discount code, and delivered to your door! Thought the info might help somebody out. ??

They also do a set of 5 for £42.99 which, with the discount code above makes them even cheaper.

1633014250550.png

I found them a little flimsy, I use the ‘really useful’ boxes
The really useful ones are good quality too, but I've not tried or seen the bigger ones. The 45L Wham ones are very sturdy, definitely not flimsy! We've got a couple of the really useful 10L ones for kitchen storage, and I've got a few 1.7L small ones for lures and floats.

The really useful ones are good quality too, but I've not tried or seen the bigger ones. The 45L Wham ones are very sturdy, definitely not flimsy! We've got a couple of the really useful 10L ones for kitchen storage, and I've got a few 1.7L small ones for lures and floats.
Oh, I’ll have a look out for them! The ones in our local shop never last long.

Oh, I’ll have a look out for them! The ones in our local shop never last long.
As I mentioned up top, home bargains are supposed to stock them if you have a branch near you. None in stock down here, and the nearest branch means crossing the border to Kernow!

Bloody things nested in my carp fishing gear, I went on an overnighter, emptied the car and they were all running around in the boot! Took me hours to get them all out!
Bleddy things! I've got a dust extractor similar to below, but without the support rod up the side.. When it's off, the cloth bag sinks down inside. Turned it on one day & the bag didn't come up - looked inside and there were 3 bleddy Mice in there, and they had chewed a big hole in the bag to make a nest. Got them out, and every time I tried to chase them out the cellar door, they were running back in & trying to get back in their nest.

1633087127919.png

I actually (rather stupidly) left them in there all weekend while I got the rods out. The bailiffs terrier had a field day ferreting them all out while I grabbed and released them.

I actually (rather stupidly) left them in there all weekend while I got the rods out. The bailiffs terrier had a field day ferreting them all out while I grabbed and released them.
Was that the only bites you had all weekend or were they gentle with you for their safe release.????

I had my reinforced leather gauntlets from my PPE, I got the wrist flick down to a fine art, I probably did more damage to the car digging the buggers out than they did burrowing around! I also had a rat in the car once. Had a 31lb common that trip so it wasn’t so bad!

Back