• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Terminal tackle

The thing about online shopping is postage, if you get free postage it becomes good value normally but if you don't it isn't. I try when I am near a local tackle shops to buy some regular essentials, hooks and swivels mainly.
If I do shop online I will do a bulk order to minimise any postage costs.

That's why I love ebay & buy a lot of stuff on there, not just for fishing. You instantly know what the postage is going to cost.

Can't be doing with a lot of store websites where, to find out how much delivery is going to cost, you have to register for an account, and then they only add the delivery charge when you've got your goods in the basket ready to check out.

I saw some bait bowls on Veals site that clip onto your rod rest legs. Not bad at £3.50. but £3.75 delivery. Looked on eBay and they had better quality Daiwa bait bowls for £1.99, £1.59 postage. I've already got pipe clips similar to the ones Veals showed, so a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Some times you have to be careful about buying some of but not all of the gear from ebay. I buy the well known makes of terminal tackle usually from Veals mail order not the cheapest but for there outstanding service .
Agree, saving pennies on terminal tackle is false economy? Buy the best and have confidence in the quality?
Just guessing as I've not had a problem but if you deal with Veals or suchlike, I would feel confident that they would deal with any complaint in a fairer way than cheaper outlets?
And Beads and Sequins etc. Pah! Good bait, well presented?:unsure:?

I use swivels trapped between beads for snoods, and sequins as bait stops to create that well presented bait! What fo you use?

I use swivels trapped between beads for snoods, and sequins as bait stops to create that well presented bait! What fo you use?
Don't know what you mean exactly but in my own opinion after seeing some rigs which resemble a diamond necklace with a lugworm on the end, I just doubt their effectiveness myself? I personally doubt that they attract anything in the mud and murk and that fish are attracted by scent? Or in the case of flounders and such by a movement as well?
I come from a hunting background and best results for me have always come from a situation where a bait appears natural? Try catching a fox if there is anything there other than a naturally occurring meal? Or anything smelling human?
Baubles and beads do not occur on the sea bed so I don't use them yet I catch as much as those around me?
Just my personal opinions buddy, each to their own.:unsure:

I'm a gamekeeper and ghillie by trade. I'm using beads wiith telephone wire twists to trap thd swivels that I then tie my snoods to on my clipped down paternoster rigs. The sequin (again trapped with a twist of phone wire) is used to stop lug being blown up the snood on the cast. None of it is 'bling' for attraction.

I'm a gamekeeper and ghillie by trade. I'm using beads wiith telephone wire twists to trap thd swivels that I then tie my snoods to on my clipped down paternoster rigs. The sequin (again trapped with a twist of phone wire) is used to stop lug being blown up the snood on the cast. None of it is 'bling' for attraction.
Whatever works for you buddy? I don't even use swivels personally except a link swivel for my lead and leave a short piece of line at the hook knot to keep bait in place myself, each to their own eh??

I used to get stuff from Fishtec, but that's gone now.

Got a great deal on a Penn bass rod some years ago, i think it was near Glasgow, but not Glasgow Angling.
Fishtech was based in Brecon, Wales. Now run by the BVG group in the same town. I brought a couple of TFGear 11'6 2-5oz bass rods and 656 multies, all were under half price and still going strong. Pity they disappeared, used to do carp tackle for those that like to hide etc.

Whatever works for you buddy? I don't even use swivels personally except a link swivel for my lead and leave a short piece of line at the hook knot to keep bait in place myself, each to their own eh??
I use a sliding swivel with a couple of beads either side and clip my lead to it, also a swivel clip to connect the leader. That way I can change weights and leader depending on tides/currents/hooks size/fish etc.

656 multies,
They were actually Force 8 S-Mag 65.The 656 were Akios.Have a pair of the S-Mags BNIB. As you say they were selling them off at half price £79.50.The only difference between the reels were the side plates,Akios were brass.

Last edited:
They were actually Force 8 S-Mag 65.The 656 were Akios.Have a pair of the S-Mags BNIB. As you say they were selling them off at half price £79.50.
My Force 8 65CS (2of) with level wind + the S-Mag (also 2of) were £49 each as I brought 4. My bad calling them 656 although was told they came out of the same factory. Have used the CS's and 1 S-Mag all are like new.

They never went that low in price,the others did but not the S-Mag.Had this discussion with someone years ago on the other site and when they found receipt they realised their mistake.
I got the discount as I brought 4 reels and 2 rods off them at the same time and it's called negotiation.;)

Back