• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Tip light?

What do you use, Tip light or tip tape?

• Tip light

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Tip tape anc torch

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
I personally hate tip lights, all my rods have tip tape, and my head lamps light them up nicely. But each to their own. ;)

Ian.

I used to use those BZS rubber night light holders, you have to take them off when you cast otherwise they end up flying up the Bristol Channel!!

I use the Enterprise Beachcaster ones now, much more secure.

I've got some Tip tape here somewhere but haven't used it - I think it's currently lost!
John gave me a couple of Tip lights when we've been out dangling a while ago, and I find them very good, especially if you wander down the beach for a chat - you can still see the rod tips.
I bought a box of them when Aldi had them on offer, but those don't come with any means to attach them so currently just using a rubber band. I need to find a better means of attaching them.
I've never had them fly off or catch the line, and like Wolfy said, I try to keep my headlight off as much as possible.
Someone did mention that if you put tip lights in a fridge or freezer when you get home, they can be re-used a couple of times!

I've got some Tip tape here somewhere but haven't used it - I think it's currently lost!
John gave me a couple of Tip lights when we've been out dangling a while ago, and I find them very good, especially if you wander down the beach for a chat - you can still see the rod tips.
I bought a box of them when Aldi had them on offer, but those don't come with any means to attach them so currently just using a rubber band. I need to find a better means of attaching them.
I've never had them fly off or catch the line, and like Wolfy said, I try to keep my headlight off as much as possible.
Someone did mention that if you put tip lights in a fridge or freezer when you get home, they can be re-used a couple of times!
Those sound like they are the starlight type, snap and shake and yes you can cool them down to last a bit longer. I used to have a piece of clear tubing cut and taped to an old rod so I would just insert them when required.

Ive a pile of the MK4's i used to use but have a neat light i made to light just rod tips up not beach/sea.
But MK4's are great esp if on fixed spool i used the blue ones as bright you can see tips and don't need any other lights on so less spooking esp when waters clear summer time plus nice just to sit on beach watching rods and sea in darkness without Beach looking like a night Forest stage on RAC Rally with lights beaming everywhere it's just so peaceful.
If get line round light only going to pull that off! but i always check anyway before casting as if line feels slow check tip even without lights on them.

Ive a pile of the MK4's i used to use but have a neat light i made to light just rod tips up not beach/sea.
But MK4's are great esp if on fixed spool i used the blue ones as bright you can see tips and don't need any other lights on so less spooking esp when waters clear summer time plus nice just to sit on beach watching rods and sea in darkness without Beach looking like a night Forest stage on RAC Rally with lights beaming everywhere it's just so peaceful.
If get line round light only going to pull that off! but i always check anyway before casting as if line feels slow check tip even without lights on them.
It is the Mk4's in red I have at the moment.

Blue gives most light think red was battery intensive?
It was all the shop had as I was shopping local.

Interesting you say that though as I thought they were losing a bit already and I have not been out that much. It wasn't sonething I was aware of. Got four of the red buggers!

Those sound like they are the starlight type, snap and shake and yes you can cool them down to last a bit longer. I used to have a piece of clear tubing cut and taped to an old rod so I would just insert them when required.
That's a good idea Thrash - sure I've got some clear plastic tube somewhere! ??

Back