• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Tip light?

What do you use, Tip light or tip tape?

• Tip light

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Tip tape anc torch

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Dont think those Starlight thingies were about in the early days Funny enough i know some one who put a bell on is rod just recently , we banned him from fishing next to us.
The (starlight) were about in the late 60's early 70's and used to get them when we picked up some bait in the tackle shop. I still use them today - new ones obviously.

Each to their own, but I like tape and torch as you can see the whole rod tip and any trembles or twitches as a bite develops.
As well as being able to see the movement of the line and discern what is wind or wave activity and what is a bite.

When I bought two secondhand rods several years ago, they had red tips lights fitted and I tried them for a session.
Just watching a bobbing point of light did my head in and one died, which didn’t help!
As soon as I got home I hacked the holders off and put tape on!
I can remember seeing some rods that somehow had an isotope built into the tip,the owner said they were radioactive!!!! I was only a kid so he might of been teasing?

Dont think those Starlight thingies were about in the early days Funny enough i know some one who put a bell on is rod just recently , we banned him from fishing next to us.

I can remember seeing some rods that somehow had an isotope built into the tip,the owner said they were radioactive!!!! I was only a kid so he might of been teasing?
He is correct...the old school optonics had them as well.

Bit mean to the poor bloke.

He is correct...the old school optonics had them as well.

Bit mean to the poor bloke.
So did watches that show up the hands/hours at night.

The (starlight) were about in the late 60's early 70's and used to get them when we picked up some bait in the tackle shop. I still use them today - new ones obviously.
I can remember them early 70,s in the 60,s i was into pop groups and young women so was a bit side tracked:love: :p

Im glad I'm not the only one who hates them bells,a bloke I know still uses them,he fishes on his own !!!!!
I wonder why? :unsure:

Back