• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Tip light?

What do you use, Tip light or tip tape?

• Tip light

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Tip tape anc torch

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
I bought this pair of Daiwa High Performance Beach rods for £50 at a bootsale off an ancient bloke giving up his beloved beachcasting.

I'm surprised that no one on here has come up with such ingenuity? or is it miserliness? or Stupidity??

Saves messing about with headlamps, glow sticks, torches and the like??

View attachment 20608
An interesting solution although I don't think I would be keen on having that taped to my rods all of the time.

I bought this pair of Daiwa High Performance Beach rods for £50 at a bootsale off an ancient bloke giving up his beloved beachcasting.

I'm surprised that no one on here has come up with such ingenuity? or is it miserliness? or Stupidity??

View attachment 20608

Put a solar panel on them and a rechargable battery.
Like the idea but looks terrible. Still could always mix it up, put xmas lights on at the right time of year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

View attachment 20608
???????

I use a tip light called a glowbug comes with a holder there very slim line and don't catch the wind as some big bulky ones my mates use. I whip the holder on with elastic cotton. I get about 7 or 8 good sessions out of them and use the same holder all the time.The holder can also take a snappy light as well.they cost around a fiver I go through about 6/7 a winter season. Better than using all the power in my head lamp.

I use these……bright, slimline and replaceable batteries. They come with a holder but can be whipped onto the top of the rod with insulation tape to make them even less intrusive.

Attachments

• 83A51D11-204A-4062-B3E4-3E6FBC00822C.png
    83A51D11-204A-4062-B3E4-3E6FBC00822C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
I have been, I maybe need fresh tape as I am not getting them tight.

Use butchers bag sealing tape then
ive got rods that have the rings taped on to them that have been used for years without wrapping the rings on with thread
doesnt stretch and is a very important item to keep in your box or bag when fishing
gets you out of more shit than leccy tape

Back