• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tronix Pro 6500 Mag

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Before you all give me a load of bull about what I should of brought. Do anyone have any views on this?:unsure:

If it does what you want it to do mate, cant see a problem. (y)

Ian.

Have you stopped using the TFGs or have they given up the ghost.
They are working just fine, just thought I would have a change (y)

Local shop was doing them for £45 no idea what they cost normally but they look ok for the money.

Local shop was doing them for £45 no idea what they cost normally but they look ok for the money.
That is around £30 cheaper than most tackle shops. Be interesting to know who is selling at that price.

That is around £30 cheaper than most tackle shops. Be interesting to know who is selling at that price.
I take it it's the Guerilla 6500 mono mag Beach..?

Ian.

Prime angling Worthing, was a couple of weeks ago so maybe sold out now.
May be worth a look, I see they have moved to opposite the pier. I haven't used them for years. They used to be in the Brighton Road the last time I popped in. I remember Denman's in an alley & brought my Abu gear from them way back in the 60's & early 70's.

Yes they moved and I also used Denmans and remember Ken the owner
Those were the days (y) If you had a chat with Ken of Denmans he would always give a decent discount if the shop was quiet. (y)

I've got two of these reels, not had any bother from either of them. They have been my first multi's so I can't compare them to anything else. I'm happy with them.

I have a couple of original 60's and early 70's Abu multipliers a 5000 and a 5500c multies. I also have a couple of TFG 6500 reels. I brought a Tronix pro mag and put some Diawa Sensor mono on it.
Prime angling Worthing, was a couple of weeks ago so maybe sold out now.
Now selling at full retail price now, cheaper on flee bay.

Anyone tried the newer Banzai ? monomag, one piece frame, slower retrieve which interests me as I would think it would make the retrieve more powerful, got plenty Abu's, Diawa's and especially Akios multi's, just interested in these because of the gear ratio - 4.4:1

I don’t think there’s a decent beach multiplier being made at the minute. I’ve got a blue daiwa mag and that went back to be repaired under warranty due to a well known fault.

I still prefer my original Penn Tournamags to anything around today. I wonder if we’ll ever see a decent beach multiplier ever again.

I don’t think there’s a decent beach multiplier being made at the minute. I’ve got a blue daiwa mag and that went back to be repaired under warranty due to a well known fault.

I still prefer my original Penn Tournamags to anything around today. I wonder if we’ll ever see a decent beach multiplier ever again.
Daiwa 7HT Mag ST's mate, superb reels for the beach, clean ground only. (y)

Ian.

Back