• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tronix Pro 6500 Mag

A mk1 penn 525 mag.

If I can’t break them through abuse and total neglect, nobody can. 🤣
Trouble is Tramps they are on version 4 now, not the same build quality nowadays.

Something that isn't a lever drag.
I have an original Intrepid Pirate multi and it is still working fine. It also has a lever for free spool. Mine gets serviced regularly.

Lever drags rely on the spindle through the centre of everything to remain straight and not flex under tension ... very, very few of the smaller examples have spindles that are really up to the job to be honest and Avets are definitely not the tanks they are reputed to be.

In fairness most have their drag over-gunned above what they are rated for and they tend to get used a lot off the shore in the UK which is never what they were designed for. They are great to fish off the boat with for free-swimming stuff that needs to be allowed to run .... bullying stuff out of the rough and the kelp with the drag wound up they are not so good at.
Russ, Concrete was talking about the 7HT Mag ST's when he said "too fragile" mate, I think wires have got crossed with the Avet reel.. ;)

Ian.

Russ, Concrete was talking about the 7HT Mag ST's when he said "too fragile" mate, I think wires have got crossed with the Avet reel.. ;)

Ian.
Personally I think the ST is the stronger of the two ... I know what I was talking about and that's all that matters :p😜🤪🚓🛠️💣

Back