• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tronix Tripod.

I bet you have got a Chippendale rest made of teak
IMG_1971.jpeg
Skye last year , a day using vintage sea gear .
Eat your heart out Tronix pro it works as well as yours , and cost, er, well, a scrattle around in a skip as I was passing . I think it is made of a bit of framing timber that had been used in a bathroom.

Dave

First look at the "Faceache video, at first I thought it was two blokes, my bad.. :eek:

Ian.

Honestly cant see these tripods flying off the shelves, can you ?
Bit like their beach shelters, feckin ugly things. :rolleyes:

Ian.

It’s totally ridiculous plus most of those ‘mods’ could easily be made at home if people could be bothered.

Way way overpriced
Agree. Added a rod cup and a 'Y' bracket to my Shakey Salt, so it now holds 3 rods, plus I'm going to add a clip-on cross bar (plastic pipe clips) to it with a bait tray, extra trace holders, and whatever else I decide to screw to the alloy clip-on bracket. All for a few pence.

Still using my MTI tripod and chances are, it will outlast me.

They are the best.
Unfortunatly they dont float.
As mine went in off a rock mark on the north devon coast.
Replaced it with a Parker which I cant see breaking any time soon as there is nothing plastic on it at all.

This tronix thing is just stupid.
I have fished many years and have some nice kit. It cost me a fair bit, im not afraid to spend money where it matters. I have worked hard all my life so why not.
But there is no way that a tripod should ever cost as much as that. Its a piss take.
And for them to stand there and try and big it up, like its something special ( and struggle) is even more of a piss take.

They are the best.
Unfortunatly they dont float.
As mine went in off a rock mark on the north devon coast.
Replaced it with a Parker which I cant see breaking any time soon as there is nothing plastic on it at all.

This tronix thing is just stupid.
I have fished many years and have some nice kit. It cost me a fair bit, im not afraid to spend money where it matters. I have worked hard all my life so why not.
But there is no way that a tripod should ever cost as much as that. Its a piss take.
And for them to stand there and try and big it up, like its something special ( and struggle) is even more of a piss take.
Like I said, don't think they will be flying out of the shops. And no match angler in their right mind is going to lug a thing that size around. JMO...

Ian.

Back