• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tronix Tripod.

So, I work with Tronix and I shot that video.

The first thing to say is that it is designed for top-end match fishing. There is quite a lot of random stuff written online about it, but we're buying in very few of these, it's a flagship model. We know it won't sell in its hundreds. It's also all hand made in Italy, which isn't a cheap project in itself. It's like when we brought out the £1000 Pioneer rod. That project was only ever designed to sell 50 rods.

There are further videos coming out on YouTube, with information we couldn't squeeze into the Facebook video. In that video, George explains why we've done that tripod. The reason is Evo3Pod wanted to work with a tackle company in each European country to produce a branded Evo3Pod tripod system, they asked us if we'd like to be the UK brand to do it, we said yes. In Spain, they have branded up with Yuki on the same collaboration project.

In terms of weight, there is a further video coming out that will show how light it is. Gemma, one of our anglers, lifts the whole kit up with one hand to demonstrate its weight. It's made from aluminium, so it's not heavy. If you watch the Facebook video to the end, she also does the same in that video.

As is usual with product launches, there has been quite a bit of misinformation put out there. A lot of the best UK match anglers already use products from Evo3Pod that they have imported themselves. The Rig T Bar is something that most of the England team use across all ages, for example. The Evo3Pod Top Boxes, another product we have Tronixpro branded, is another popular item among match anglers.

In two weeks time, I'm shooting another video with Joe Arch and Steve Tucker about some other Evo3Pod Tronixpro collaboration projects.

Dave Barham is correct in what he says, it's not a mass market product, it was never designed to be. We know that we're not going to be selling thousands of these. It's a collaboration project that makes it easier for people to buy Evo3Pod products in the UK, rather than people having to go through the rig morale of self importing.

Having said that, we're in the middle of our trade show season currently and after that video went live, a fair few shops have bought in to it already. And we haven't got to the areas of the country I would consider "matchy" yet. :)
Again, thanks for the explanation
However, I have currently from Trionixpro a small item namely the baitpak
It lives in a heap in the garage, due to failing in the 2nd trip out, with the interior delaminating on 3 sides of the base and the upper silver lining in the lid crumbling, literally crumbling like old sunlight exposed polythene
2 trips , bought November, so that sums up my thoughts on quality from
Tronixpro, not a dear item, but a cheap product worth no
More than a 15 pence carrier bag which can only be used twice before falling to bits
Retailer was totally dismissive also, as tried to return to them after calling ( collected whilst out working , 200 miles from home ) so unviable to drive back to launch it through the window
Please try to justify tronixpro quality and cost for items such as the above

Again, thanks for the explanation
However, I have currently from Trionixpro a small item namely the baitpak
It lives in a heap in the garage, due to failing in the 2nd trip out, with the interior delaminating on 3 sides of the base and the upper silver lining in the lid crumbling, literally crumbling like old sunlight exposed polythene
2 trips , bought November, so that sums up my thoughts on quality from
Tronixpro, not a dear item, but a cheap product worth no
More than a 15 pence carrier bag which can only be used twice before falling to bits
Retailer was totally dismissive also, as tried to return to them after calling ( collected whilst out working , 200 miles from home ) so unviable to drive back to launch it through the window
Please try to justify tronixpro quality and cost for items such as the above
Spent all their research budget on fancy tripods? 🤷🏻‍♂️

So, I work with Tronix and I shot that video.

The first thing to say is that it is designed for top-end match fishing. There is quite a lot of random stuff written online about it, but we're buying in very few of these, it's a flagship model. We know it won't sell in its hundreds. It's also all hand made in Italy, which isn't a cheap project in itself. It's like when we brought out the £1000 Pioneer rod. That project was only ever designed to sell 50 rods.

There are further videos coming out on YouTube, with information we couldn't squeeze into the Facebook video. In that video, George explains why we've done that tripod. The reason is Evo3Pod wanted to work with a tackle company in each European country to produce a branded Evo3Pod tripod system, they asked us if we'd like to be the UK brand to do it, we said yes. In Spain, they have branded up with Yuki on the same collaboration project.

In terms of weight, there is a further video coming out that will show how light it is. Gemma, one of our anglers, lifts the whole kit up with one hand to demonstrate its weight. It's made from aluminium, so it's not heavy. If you watch the Facebook video to the end, she also does the same in that video.

As is usual with product launches, there has been quite a bit of misinformation put out there. A lot of the best UK match anglers already use products from Evo3Pod that they have imported themselves. The Rig T Bar is something that most of the England team use across all ages, for example. The Evo3Pod Top Boxes, another product we have Tronixpro branded, is another popular item among match anglers.

In two weeks time, I'm shooting another video with Joe Arch and Steve Tucker about some other Evo3Pod Tronixpro collaboration projects.

Dave Barham is correct in what he says, it's not a mass market product, it was never designed to be. We know that we're not going to be selling thousands of these. It's a collaboration project that makes it easier for people to buy Evo3Pod products in the UK, rather than people having to go through the rig morale of self importing.

Having said that, we're in the middle of our trade show season currently and after that video went live, a fair few shops have bought in to it already. And we haven't got to the areas of the country I would consider "matchy" yet. :)
It’s for tackle tarts and really has no advantages over anything already available. I’ve never owned a tripod yet that a child couldn’t lift one handed. My mate spent over £500.00 on a set up to rest his carp rods on, so you will find a market for them, as there’s lots of “all the gear, no idea” anglers out there.

Tronixpro aren’t the fools, just the “anglers” who buy one.

Just my opinion. 😊

A limited run of a top end product, in branded livery, produced in association with the OEM explains a lot. Particularly if it's of a SIGNIFICANTLY higher quality than the IG/Parker that it's basically copied from. Having had well over 20 yrs and going from my IG I'd be surprised if that's actually possible! It certainly wouldn't make economical sense as they'd out live many anglers span of interest in game. Made in Italy it could be, and we know the Italians can make some fine stuff, but I'd be surprised if the alloy angle bar and tubing wasn't imported from elsewhere, most probably China. One thing that does surprise me is that it's not longer, like 7ft, as the trend for conti rods is 14ft and up generally is it not? The scaffolding and add ons wouldn't be for me but having seen a matchman with a seperate bait table tripod I'm sure it will appeal to the 'must-havers' but that's a tiny minority. In my mind Tronix are a low level brand of mostly generic re labelled goods. I certainly don't associate them with top end gear, but I'm certainly no match angler and may well be out of touch with their market. Judging by the reaction of members on here its not aimed at us, or if it is then its had a negative initial reaction. It's certainly sparked a debate and publicity 👏 Good luck to them and everyone else brave enough to be in the tackle market. At least its a choice and who knows it might be the flagship start to developing better products for general users in the future🫰

I'll stand by my motto of "cherry pick from every brand" 😊

Sorry I offended you mate.
No offence taken.

Still you need to ask if all the guff spouted about it still justifys the price?
I see Akios have just released a new tripod.
Looks a lot more sturdier... Infact better built all round..
Oh and its only 80 quid..
But then I guess thats aimed at the mere mortals and not millionare, profesional match anglers🤣

Last edited:
Up here match fishing is usually with one rod and is often fairly mobile, so the simplest tripod design with minimal add ons is a bonus. Other areas of the U.K. might call for something a bit different and definitely no expert, but personally thats the opposite of what I’d be looking for.

Recently purchased from the same company the white dry bag (to use as a fish carry bag) and that has been excellent, so far. Seems quality material and no zips etc to get rusty, well thought out design.

Back