• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

TronixPro rods?

Tomthewelshie

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Are TronixPro really as pants as people make out or is it simply snobbery ?

Spec wise and price wise they seem good but a lot seem to poo poo them instantly because they are made in China.

What’s your opinion?

Spec wise and price wise they seem good but a lot seem to poo poo them instantly because they are made in China.

What’s your opinion?
Never used one so can't comment, sorry Tom. Maybe others may be able to.

Depends wot you get I use to use a cobra lite regularly and it was a fantastic rod but I had a pair of midrange tronix contis and chouldnt stand them but I know he’s sponsored by them but Wayne hand loves em been casting with him and he can bang a lead with em mind so I’d try before you buy ma Bute

Depends wot you get I use to use a cobra lite regularly and it was a fantastic rod but I had a pair of midrange tronix contis and chouldnt stand them but I know he’s sponsored by them but Wayne hand loves em been casting with him and he can bang a lead with em mind so I’d try before you buy ma Bute

Yeah I’ve seen him with them and they certainly work for him. I’m a British rod whore so they arnt for me. Just wondering why so many people look down on them.

Yeah I’ve seen him with them and they certainly work for him. I’m a British rod whore so they arnt for me. Just wondering why so many people look down on them.
I've never had or used one either, so no feelings either way for me.

What’s your opinion?

Generally, the rods are pretty good in terms of action etc.

In the past it has been the construction that lets the side down as an example Tronix made a boat rod call the Afhex, which was a damn good rod for the money, however, after 12 months of use the reel seat or upper handle glue would give up, and they would spin on the blank.

A few folk have reported broken tip sections, but this is primarily due to user error and 'high sticking'

Their lure rods are excellent value for money, not cheap, but still good value.

These days I stick with Diawa, Century, Temple Reef, and Hearty Rise. Penn supposedly make some good stuff, but I have seen far too many of their boat rods snap, usually at the joint !

Last edited:
I've never used a tronix rod or even held one, but if they're anything like their terminal tackle I've used over the years, I'd avoid like the plauge.
I've only ever bought a couple of their products as they've always just fallen apart. Swivels breaking and cascades falling apart while tightening knots were the two main ones that made me steer away from them.
But as I say, that's my limited experience and has put me off them for good.

I've never used a tronix rod or even held one, but if they're anything like their terminal tackle I've used over the years, I'd avoid like the plauge.
I've only ever bought a couple of their products as they've always just fallen apart. Swivels breaking and cascades falling apart while tightening knots were the two main ones that made me steer away from them.
But as I say, that's my limited experience and has put me off them for good.
There cascade swivels are dig shit but there bait elastic is the nuts like all tackle some do things well others not so much

I’ve worked my way up from £100 contis to my current brand new t 700 s but most conti rods will do a job but the more expensive British rods I just love the finish on them so much nicer to fish with aswell

There cascade swivels are dig shit but there bait elastic is the nuts like all tackle some do things well others not so much
Big Hoo-Hah on Youtube about 6 months ago regarding Bait elastic. The outcome was we should all be using Latex bait elastic (like Tronixpro) as it's biodegradable apparently.

Big Hoo-Hah on Youtube about 6 months ago regarding Bait elastic. The outcome was we should all be using Latex bait elastic (like Tronixpro) as it's biodegradable apparently.
I use the Tronixpro Latex Dave, does the same job as elastic, and if it helps the environment that's a plus too. (y)

Ian.

Ah but will it hold a crocodiles/alligator's mouth shut ?

Ah but will it hold a crocodiles/alligator's mouth shut ?
That would depend on how many turns you use, whole reel should do it... 🤣

Ian.

I use/used many models from tronix, comp gt's, blaze mxiv's nagas, cobras, xenon in both 2 piece and 3 piece, and a good few others, changed from using Century , zipplex etc, very disappointed in so call UK rods ( far East fixtures an fittings, prob far east carbon !) Feel the tronix brand to be better and more honest, they even tell you where the carbon is sourced (mitsibushi, well known aircraft manufacturer, ) think when it comes down to it, I would never buy British again ! Far east are streets ahead in materials, they have space programs, we use weather balloons !

I use/used many models from tronix, comp gt's, blaze mxiv's nagas, cobras, xenon in both 2 piece and 3 piece, and a good few others, changed from using Century , zipplex etc, very disappointed in so call UK rods ( far East fixtures an fittings, prob far east carbon !) Feel the tronix brand to be better and more honest, they even tell you where the carbon is sourced (mitsibushi, well known aircraft manufacturer, ) think when it comes down to it, I would never buy British again ! Far east are streets ahead in materials, they have space programs, we use weather balloons !

Interesting point of view.

Last time I looked, all Tronix rods have Fuji Guides and reel seats, and where are they manufactured, oh yes, Asia.

Ian.

Too much snobbery when it comes to rods from certain parts of the world, strange as it may seem to some, the rods from the far east seem to have a better action for quite a lot of our fishing
Totally agree, 4 years ago I picked up a pair of Oceanik 4.2m beachcasters for about £120. Didn't expect much but they were lighter than what I was used to and proved to be better in every respect. More sensitive but they handle rock and mud marks on the BC without any trouble. They still look like new.
They may be far Eastern but look what they do with cars, bikes, cameras, electronics etc.

Back