• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Weaver, nobody fishes for weaver!

Well done mate cracking catch ?

I'm heading over tomorrow, hopefully find a few fish.... Maybe a weaver ?.... Not sure I'll have time though with the bad weather coming in ☹️
Thanks, I am happy with it. All round they are interesting fish to look at and the venom bit adds an extra bit of excitement!

Well done on acheiving your target. Please guys be aware that if you get a spike from this little fish the conseqenses can be quite scarey.
I fished at Swanage with my son many years ago on Boxing day to try out a new rod that he had for xmas, first fish was a weaver and big daddy thought no problem take it off the hook, big mistake as it got me and within 5 minutes i could feel the poison going up my arm.
Had to pack up as pain was not good but not terrible, so we got back to the car thought ok but went to put it in gear and found my arm had gone numbe,scary fortunatly it did not last long but but it sure as hell scared me.
I could feel that spike for about a week. Perhaps i had a particlar alergic reaction to the venon i will never know but be careful out there this little fish can pack a big punch.
tight line
Espadon
PS I regularly catch them on the shambles bank.
Wow, even though it is late in the year, there were plenty of people in the water. No signs up as I suppose they don't want to scare people away.

Back