• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

What are these

flappy

Reaction score
Bought these from a tackle shop.. but what are they actually for..?
And how should I rig them up..?
Sorry for being dim but I have no idea.

Attachments

• 1392133991_1.jpg
    1392133991_1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 17
Flat Leads with a splash down release on. Why did you buy them if you don’t know what they are

Never seen them before...and I will be fishing some rough ground for the first time ever next week.. thought they would be less likely to snag than the breakaway leads.

Curious to know how much were they Flaps?

Is that good or bad..?
Not bad. I paid £1 each for 4oz grip leads last time I bought some, so about right I reckon.

It's more a case of matching rigs to the fish you want to catch than to the sinker.
Running ledger should be fine.

As for rough ground, I can't help much as I don't like throwing money away so use a cheaper and more environmentally friendly alternative (stones).

A running ledger should work ok flappy
For rough ground it wouldn't be my choice due to losses .
As for rigs depends what fish are likely to be about do you know?

Oh thought was replying to flappy on 2md paragraph.

For rough ground it wouldn't be my choice due to losses .
As for rigs depends what fish are likely to be about do you know?
Not a clue..my usual rig is a two hook flapper rig on clean surf beaches for flounders and turbot..or lures for pollack and mackerel..my guess would be there might be some coalies and Pollack..and possibly some cod if there are any still around.. never fished rough ground marks before.

I would use a clip down rig as there is a bait clip in the lead,why didn't you ask in the shop when you bought them for advice mate

Not a clue..my usual rig is a two hook flapper rig on clean surf beaches for flounders and turbot..or lures for pollack and mackerel..my guess would be there might be some coalies and Pollack..and possibly some cod if there are any still around.. never fished rough ground marks before.
Sounds good, those tactics will work but if you start losing gear most casts worth using a rotten bottom with slightly lighter line. Sometimes upto 4 foot of it then have you hooklink above that so the bait stays above the kelp/snags and if you get a fish on you will just lose the lead.
Sorry if saying stuff you probably already know ,but it's got me loads of fish from marks where those around me were losing most fish .

Back