• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review What are you using and why do you like it?.

After a massive clear out of rods iv left my self 1 j-curve ,1 t800 and a kompressor ss , plus my like new conoflex rods which comprises of a Welsh wizard, mirage 56 extra , a frenzy and a brand new flattie fanatic, reels are 2 diawa 7 ht mags, 4 penn fathoms , 2 tg rocket reels, 2 Akios shuttles , 2 Akios 565 , 2 shimano power Aeros and 4 other heavy duty fixed spool reels for heavy duty work
Fact is we are getting bloody old Mike!
Suddenly heavy gear, a face full of spray and a tonne of weed seems harder work than it used to be.... I am aware I owe you a message.

Couple of Century SS Super Sports for plaice all the way up to hounds,rays and whatever takes the bait. Bit over gunned for Chesil but i like them.
Reels are Daiwa Saltist 30h lovely reels just very hot.

**forgot to add…. The rod & reels look epic, so when the fishing is poor….. at least i can look at a nice setup. (Although i dont wash any of it) ? and Pete can vouch for that
You are a naughty boy! you wait till I have mucked out your poor old reels.... soon get rid of your thumb prints.

Fact is we are getting bloody old Mike!
Suddenly heavy gear, a face full of spray and a tonne of weed seems harder work than it used to be.... I am aware I owe you a message.
Very very true Peter, I get along perfect with the rods iv got now they seem much gentler on my poor old 64 year old body lol , Pete mate I’m up Weymouth from the 13th to the 16 th in Weymouth hopefully I’ll get some fishing in , will get a few hours in on the Portland end

Do you ever use mono Paul?
On Chesil I always seem to have a mare with braid in a big sea, just add a pinch of weed and I have problems.
Usually go 80 lb straight tru when rough seems to help me a bit can’t get use To mono again now feels alien to me ??

Being poor, i only have hand lines, crabing has never been better. ?

Ian.

Very very true Peter, I get along perfect with the rods iv got now they seem much gentler on my poor old 64 year old body lol , Pete mate I’m up Weymouth from the 13th to the 16 th in Weymouth hopefully I’ll get some fishing in , will get a few hours in on the Portland end
The afternoon of the 15th works Mike lets go and give it a swing!

It’s good to see everyone’s go to gear. I’ve still got a soft spot for my ttldsm love a day on the down Cogden or as a stepped up bass rod. Got a pair of kompressor ss that someone cut down to 12ft? but a cracking conger rod. I was weak today and brought a saltist 20 18h for the channel and big seas, feel another along with t900s or Grand Prix pro are making me weak ?
Biggest regret selling my cono flex Nevada estuary/bass rods they were lovely bits of kit.

It’s good to see everyone’s go to gear. I’ve still got a soft spot for my ttldsm love a day on the down Cogden or as a stepped up bass rod. Got a pair of kompressor ss that someone cut down to 12ft? but a cracking conger rod. I was weak today and brought a saltist 20 18h for the channel and big seas, feel another along with t900s or Grand Prix pro are making me weak ?
Biggest regret selling my cono flex Nevada estuary/bass rods they were lovely bits of kit.
That 20 18 either needs magging or big blocks n saturate the bearings or .38 line to calm it down. Filled mine with .33 and they are naughty.
Gray the ray has got magged ones and they are lovely.
I will get mine magged next time I drive down West, Chris Macey did Grays and they are excellent.

That’s good to know thanks Pete I used Russ at black dog for my 65’s but if anyones got contact details for Chris I can drop em off in person then. They just remind me of my speedmasters and thought Sid let’s have a treat ?

That’s good to know thanks Pete I used Russ at black dog for my 65’s but if anyones got contact details for Chris I can drop em off in person then. They just remind me of my speedmasters and thought Sid let’s have a treat ?
Hes on Facebook google chris macey mag and up he pops!

Keens sell the Saltist 18STT 20H's that are Chris Masey Magged.

Ian.

Back