• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Xmas Bash Fishing Trip/Escape!

This constant wind and noise plus trying to contain/control any and everything from getting blown over/away plus the rain/dampness sure wears you down.
Plus the dreaded sand! I remember fishing at Hengistbury in windy conditions and had cycled to the head. When it was time to pack up the chain and gears were covered in it. Crunchy!

Plus the dreaded sand! I remember fishing at Hengistbury in windy conditions and had cycled to the head. When it was time to pack up the chain and gears were covered in it. Crunchy!
It's a real arse ache if need to use a shed also with not only trying to get it to "Stay" but afterwards shedding sand everywhere for the next millennial!

Phew......and breathe....! Could do with some commas inserting there mate🤣 Every credit for roughing it in your car. I'm getting a bit soft in my older age for away stays in a car. e I did it for years, often in combination with a tent,but these days a bedchair in the back of a van is about doable, but only just!
I'm guessing L&M is lug and mac?

Phew......and breathe....! Could do with some commas inserting there mate🤣 Every credit for roughing it in your car. I'm getting a bit soft in my older age for away stays in a car. e I did it for years, often in combination with a tent,but these days a bedchair in the back of a van is about doable, but only just!
I'm guessing L&M is lug and mac?
L&M rigs from North Wales way Find on ebay best shop bought rigs ive found states what components made with and will make/customise to your spec's

Only one's i ever buy as keep as back up's/lost too many/just need that type of rig if haven't got any in wallet
@chesilpete uses also.

Try typing when tired between two keyboards in the dark(unlit one had keys missing!)

Last edited:
Morning Tourny, can i ask what clips you are using in your adapted bagnal rig?
They came from a rig making box of various types/bits inc cascade of some origins?
But these was those coiled wire things that sort of proceeded loop style? look like wire in middle of old pegs and one end is bent to a loop with small swivel held which would be for bottom hook and other end straight out and tweaked down so held up by top hook, then once cast drop out and bit slides down rig body.
What ive done is snip swivel loop off and use other way up that way can hook a swivel on it with other end with hook/s on is held by hook gadget of choice?.
I make with two SRT springs tensioning it that way can make bodies and tie rest when there or modify as need be esp when have rampant spider crabs around! mind sorted them out with it as crimped titanium wire lengths to hooks =spiders 0 me many!

Reason i made these is can fish heavy as like big hooks/heavy line in rougher places which those cascades can have issues.
Made some really streamlined wishbone rigs with it also.
I can post some pics later if like?

They came from a rig making box of various types/bits inc cascade of some origins?
But these was those coiled wire things that sort of proceeded loop style? look like wire in middle of old pegs and one end is bent to a loop with small swivel held which would be for bottom hook and other end straight out and tweaked down so held up by top hook, then once cast drop out and bit slides down rig body.
What ive done is snip swivel loop off and use other way up that way can hook a swivel on it with other end with hook/s on is held by hook gadget of choice?.
I make with two SRT springs tensioning it that way can make bodies and tie rest when there or modify as need be esp when have rampant spider crabs around! mind sorted them out with it as crimped titanium wire lengths to hooks =spiders 0 me many!

Reason i made these is can fish heavy as like big hooks/heavy line in rougher places which those cascades can have issues.
Made some really streamlined wishbone rigs with it also.
I can post some pics later if like?
Yes please, might help me understand what you have done as i fancy giving them a go.

Great report Gary. And a great way to spend Christmas as well. Great pics and lovely Small Eyed Ray. (y) (y)

Ian.

Back