• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex evolution ct

Mike hemming

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Iv been offered a pair of evolution ct’s I no nothing about them ,, what are they like ,, casting weights, ground ,, and what other rod are they like , this pair are just blanks a unwanted gift iv been giving first offering but need to know about them first

I don't know diddly squat about them either Mike, except they are probably worth way more that I would pay for a fishing pole!

Sotrry Mike can't help on this.

I don’t know much about them other than they have carbon tip sections. I myself prefer glass tips so for that reason…”I’m out”! 🤭

Nice fishing/casting rods Mike, for a slim 24mm butt they are reasonably powerful, sit well in the tide for a carbon tipped rod, and bite detection pretty good, rated about a 6 in the stiffness stakes, so sits between the M4 GT and the M4 Hi-Flex M. Will put a 5oz lead and bait a fair distance Mike. This is just my opinion, and I do have one.

If you like Carbon tipped rods, go for it Mike. ;)

Ian.

Very nice rods to cast if you have the reel down the butt,good feedback through out the cast and bite detection is fair to good.
They sit very well in a strong tide and give you good feedback when reeling back in,a good rod for the average caster to work with on distance.

As has been said, a very user friendly rod, can cope with clean/mixed ground. It's certainly no scaffold pole, easy to load, easy to cast, tip bends nicely in the tide so won't bounce your lead out like some do. If you are intending to fish some rougher ground, it probably wouldn't be ideal, but for everything else it's quite a nice rod to use. Perfect for 5oz but won't have any problems casting 6oz and big baits either.

So Mike, did you buy the blanks in the end, or not.?

Ian.

So Mike, did you buy the blanks in the end, or not.?

Ian.
Nope 😂, It’s not what I was looking for I wanted something a bit more powerful, I’m looking for something that would be more like a modern t-zero ,,,,,, soooooooo iv gone for a 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 lol secret and it comes today

So what did you get in the end Mike?

Few years ago i brought a m4gt and just couldn’t get on with it and sold it off , a few weeks ago i had a go on my mates m4gt and liked it ,weather my casting style has changed or what had a few more casts with it and then I decided to buy one so it arrived early this morning ,, just been up the field with it and it’s a great rod casts beautiful , the evolution ct I think would not been to my liking, sooo I’m happy now 😊😊

Original or Century built M4GT Mike..

In.

Few years ago i brought a m4gt and just couldn’t get on with it and sold it off , a few weeks ago i had a go on my mates m4gt and liked it ,weather my casting style has changed or what had a few more casts with it and then I decided to buy one so it arrived early this morning ,, just been up the field with it and it’s a great rod casts beautiful , the evolution ct I think would not been to my liking, sooo I’m happy now 😊😊
Ah, cool.
Maybe century have tweaked the recipe a little bit?
How does it compare to the T-800?
I have wondered about adding another zziplex to my minimal rod collection

Ah, cool.
Maybe century have tweaked the recipe a little bit?
How does it compare to the T-800?
I have wondered about adding another zziplex to my minimal rod collection
I’ll let you know soon, supposed to be fishing sometime this week hopefully lol , but tell you now the m4gt is more powerful than the t800 , the tip on the t800 bends more down the tip , you can belt 6oz on the m4gt which you can’t on the t800 I took both up the field this morning, but hopefully I’ll be fishing them side by side some time this week and hopefully catch some fish on each one then I can see how each one compares in bite detection and feel

Back