• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Conti for xmas

Sorry bud I was taking about the sonik gravity! Yep I think the 6 and bait would be too heavy for dad to use as he’s nearly 70
Daiwa rods tend to be really light. Maybe one of theirs might be the best option?

Maybe look at the Yuki and Trabucco rods. Proper conti rods and will handle our type of fishing.

Your only about half hour away from ABC on Anglesey, I'd drop in there for a chat and see what they'd recommend, they have alot of rods on display from different manufacturers. Or give them a call to see what they've got on display and see if it's worth the trip up to have a look around.
I got my dad some quantum contis from there a few years ago, he lives them and rates them highly for ease of use and casting distance.
They don't make them today anymore but plenty of comparable ones in there.

Your only about half hour away from ABC on Anglesey, I'd drop in there for a chat and see what they'd recommend, they have alot of rods on display from different manufacturers. Or give them a call to see what they've got on display and see if it's worth the trip up to have a look around.
I got my dad some quantum contis from there a few years ago, he lives them and rates them highly for ease of use and casting distance.

Unfortunately I’m about 4 hours away from Anglesey :)

Problem you have mate is you buy your dad a rod, but he might not like it, or be able to get the best out of it.. ;)

Ian.

Problem you have mate is you buy your dad a rod, but he might not like it, or be able to get the best out of it.. ;)

Ian.

I’ve always bought his rods, when it comes to tackle he hasn’t got a flipping clue lol.

I also tie all his rigs and carry all his gear 🤣🤣.

Thank Christ he has recently learnt to bait up himself .

I’ve always bought his rods, when it comes to tackle he hasn’t got a flipping clue lol.

I also tie all his rigs and carry all his gear 🤣🤣.

Thank Christ he has recently learnt to bait up himself .
Good on you, got to look after us oldies... 🤣

Ian.

Cracking shop and staff there, I’m about 20min away from them and fish a lot with the lads from there.

I’m pretty sure if someone wanted something, gave them a call to chat they’d post it out no problem.

I like the 14ft Daiwa Tournament Surf, the 15ft version is bobbins in my opinion. I have the Hybrid tip version and the hollow tip and both are great rods, the hollow tip is more of an allrounder and might be better for someone of limited experience as I am a little careful with the HTS tip.

Unfortunately I’m about 4 hours away from Anglesey :)
Ah, I see, your profile says different 🤣

As Kevin says, they would post if needed, that's where I bought a load of my gear from before (rods/reels/etc...), I prefer to collect but they have posted to me before.

The thing is, you need to hold or even better, cast a rod to get a feel for it so would advise going to a shop if you can.

Where abouts are you located exactly?

Back