• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

Went back to the big lake for 2 nights , went at the 'factory end', you're all locked in and secure inside massive fencing no public access etc and an estuary behind, although opposite me was huge industrial buildings and laboratory type rooms , which makes it an interesting view, if not a traditional countryside fishing scene lol 🤣
Saw peregrine falcons nesting there and herons, egrets, kingfishers because is actually a nice remote estuary flooding environment behind.
Only 3 other people on 80 acres was lovely and quiet me and a friend set up in swims next door around 30 yards apart , set up a keepnet and float with corn and small pellet as feed for a change as well as just carping as we were in a suntrap .
Had a few carp in the end at range around 110 yards out, unusually couldn't get a bite from them close in where I usually do , this included launching 20mm boilies in a throwing stick to bait up at that distance which is quite fun in itself 🤣

Plenty bream and 1 tench thrown in plus a 15lbs common on a light float and worm . Nice couple days didn't see a single other person despite being so close to all this, just watching the world go by .

The fish are in great condition here due to not being hammered and the depth and size of the place. A shrimp 🍤 diet being brackish must help to.
20240419_203749.jpg20240421_190202.jpg20240422_165640_exported_23952.jpg20240422_132104_exported_15376.jpg20240422_194332.jpg20240422_221106.jpg20240422_165640_exported_21019.jpg20240418_181821.jpg

Went back to the big lake for 2 nights , went at the 'factory end', you're all locked in and secure inside massive fencing no public access etc and an estuary behind, although opposite me was huge industrial buildings and laboratory type rooms , which makes it an interesting view, if not a traditional countryside fishing scene lol 🤣
Saw peregrine falcons nesting there and herons, egrets, kingfishers because is actually a nice remote estuary flooding environment behind.
Only 3 other people on 80 acres was lovely and quiet me and a friend set up in swims next door around 30 yards apart , set up a keepnet and float with corn and small pellet as feed for a change as well as just carping as we were in a suntrap .
Had a few carp in the end at range around 110 yards out, unusually couldn't get a bite from them close in where I usually do , this included launching 20mm boilies in a throwing stick to bait up at that distance which is quite fun in itself 🤣

Plenty bream and 1 tench thrown in plus a 15lbs common on a light float and worm . Nice couple days didn't see a single other person despite being so close to all this, just watching the world go by .

The fish are in great condition here due to not being hammered and the depth and size of the place. A shrimp 🍤 diet being brackish must help to.
View attachment 62767View attachment 62768View attachment 62769View attachment 62770View attachment 62771View attachment 62772View attachment 62773View attachment 62774
That looks quality mate. I’m still yet to do an overnight session as I haven’t found a venue I’m happy with yet

View attachment 62767View attachment 62768View attachment 62769View attachment 62770View attachment 62771View attachment 62772View attachment 62773View attachment 62774
Great fishing, some lovely fully scaled (y)

That looks quality mate. I’m still yet to do an overnight session as I haven’t found a venue I’m happy with yet
Once you find somewhere your happy to go it'll be much nicer mate for an overnight, ain't no fun sleeping at dodgy places although i do stll sometimes 😉 😄.

Great fishing, some lovely fully scaled (y)
Cheers yeah those fish are around 25 years old believe it or not ,the small one I had and the 29 my mate had same age ish. Crazy different stock in here with places hide. The commons are a mystery many spawned in the lake. No pike which is very strange . So everything spawns only eels and few perch predators underwater.

Once you find somewhere your happy to go it'll be much nicer mate for an overnight, ain't no fun sleeping at dodgy places although i do stll sometimes 😉 😄.
I want to concentrate on the fishing for my first few times. Not worrying about gear being pinched

Cheers yeah those fish are around 25 years old believe it or not ,the small one I had and the 29 my mate had same age ish. Crazy different stock in here with places hide. The commons are a mystery many spawned in the lake. No pike which is very strange . So everything spawns only eels and few perch predators underwater.
All nice looking fish, Did the Bream have spawning nodules on them, hard to see from photo. I put a couple hundred small tench in our water a couple of weeks ago ranging from 6 to 8 inches, be a long time before they are worth catching but hopefully they will do well for the future.

I want to concentrate on the fishing for my first few times. Not worrying about gear being pinched

Wouldnt worry about gear getting pinched mate. I’m like a tramp (not cuz i’m scruffy) 🤣 as in i fish anywhere.
What part of the country you from? Might know some lakes near you.

Back